final piece of puzzle

don24

ok pretty much on the carnival bandwagon for next cruise .final question to seal deal.i see a sushi spot on ship is it just california rolls or is it nigiri sashimi and things im gonna like .not a deal breaker but it would help.

ok pretty much on the carnival bandwagon for next cruise .final question to seal deal.i see a sushi spot on ship is it just california rolls or is it nigiri sashimi and things im gonna like .not a deal breaker but it would help.

It's a selection of 3 or 4 different kinds of sushi every evening. They usually do have California roll or some other Veggie only sushi, but they also have eel, tuna, umm some kind of yellow tail.......It's a pretty good variety.

My downfall is that the sushi bar is only open from like 5 to 8, so if you have early dinner it's almost completely impossible and if you have late dinner I can ruin my appetite pretty handily with 5 or 6 pieces before the 8:15 dining time.

Good thing it is not a deal breaker because the sushi on Carnival is laughable. Not sushi for people who know California roll is not real sushi!

We call the California roll beginner sushi.

It might not be considered a high end sushi bar but it is good in my opinion.

As for ruin my appetite on our last cruise I would go at 5 when it opens and get two pices of each and take it back to my Balcony and enjoy it while my wife is getting ready for our 8:00 dinner seating. She does not eat it.

On our first two cruises we were with a group and we would meet at the sushi bar around 7:30 to have a drink and the ones of us who ate sushi would and then go to dinner.

From what I have read here on the board, the sushi is not raw, it is all cooked. I believe because of health reasons.

They do have a "Study in Sushi" on the menu as a starter. I would have tried it but Salmon was a part of it, and I just do not like Salmon.

I was expecting avacado as the green in my sushi and bit in.... it was asparagus. I thought the sushi strange and I will buy sushi in a grocery store, but didnt much like the sushi on conquest, only tried it once or twice and passed after that, uck.

Archived