Bed arrangment - Inside cabin (spec. Jade)

Rockwife

I've sailed in all types of cabins from inside to balcony to suite and enjoy them all! Next cruise will be to Europe, so we're saving our pennies by booking an inside so we can spend more on shopping, excursions, etc.

My ?: The inside cabins are only 141 sq. ft. so I'm thinking it might be best to have the beds separate just so we have a more open cabin space. I'm happily married and all, but we sleep on a king at home with a huge dog between us most nights, so I don't think the twins would bother us!

Does it make much of a difference?

TIA!

I've sailed in all types of cabins from inside to balcony to suite and enjoy them all! Next cruise will be to Europe, so we're saving our pennies by booking an inside so we can spend more on shopping, excursions, etc.

My ?: The inside cabins are only 141 sq. ft. so I'm thinking it might be best to have the beds separate just so we have a more open cabin space. I'm happily married and all, but we sleep on a king at home with a huge dog between us most nights, so I don't think the twins would bother us!

TIA!

I really think it does. Haven't been on the Jade, but...I travel with my sister so we always have the beds separate and I can't believe the difference when I go into a comparable - or even better/bigger - cabin with the beds together. All that walking around room makes an inside cabin roomier than a mini-suite that has the beds put together! It's the only thing I don't like about upgrading to balcony - I lose that extra space. And keep in mind, you can always change your mind and ask the steward to change the make up.

TIA!

if you are happily married...who is to say you won't end up in just one of the twins anyway! :D

TIA!

Let's compare:

One big bed = 56 Sq. Ft.

Two twins = 28 Sq. Ft. each = 56 Sq. Ft. Total

Therefore:

141 Sq. Ft. cabin with one big bed: 141 - 56 = 85 Sq. Ft. Left over

141 Sq. Ft. cabin with two twins: 141 - 56 = 85 Sq. Ft. Left over

It looks like it'd be a wash!

Sea Hound:D

Let's compare:

One big bed = 56 Sq. Ft.

Therefore:

What would we do without you?

Let's compare:

One big bed = 56 Sq. Ft.

Therefore:

dude that is such an electricron answer! bravo on the analytical mind. NOTHING gets past you, sir!

Let's compare:

One big bed = 56 Sq. Ft.

Therefore:

Is that your mathematical look, SH?! I wonder if the drivers in my town would agree with your logic. When I drive down the street, the drivers coming the other way are always complaining that I take my half out of the middle. I tell them there is just as much road left for them. :p

Let's compare:

One big bed = 56 Sq. Ft.

Therefore:

Ah, yes, total sq. footage may stay the same, but in the photos I saw the desk/vanity seems to block the space created on one side when the beds are together, so it appears wasted. When they're separate it looks like the large area in the center makes the room feel larger. . . Could be an optical illusion, though?

"Math sucks!" (Jimmy Buffet!)

My DH and I have a king, 2 dogs and 3 cats and when we get a chance to get seperate beds, we take it. We both sleep so much better. Plus it's so much easier to sneak in (or out) of the cabin without waking him up!:D

Ah, yes, total sq. footage may stay the same, but in the photos I saw the desk/vanity seems to block the space created on one side when the beds are together, so it appears wasted. When they're separate it looks like the large area in the center makes the room feel larger. . . Could be an optical illusion, though?

Nope. You've got it exactly right. I promise you, you are less likely to be bumping into each other when getting ready. Only when you WANT to bump into each other.

Nope. You've got it exactly right. I promise you, you are less likely to be bumping into each other when getting ready. Only when you WANT to bump into each other.

Many thanks, Mooder! :)

Now, if we could just get February here a little more quickly. . .

Rockwife

Not really an answer to your question but I do want to throw in my two cents on Jade insides - if you have the chance to get one of the sideways cabins, I highly recommend that you do so. Not having the corridor, bathroom and closet doors all at the same location really made the room much better IMHO.

Rockwife

Not really an answer to your question but I do want to throw in my two cents on Jade insides - if you have the chance to get one of the sideways cabins, I highly recommend that you do so. Not having the corridor, bathroom and closet doors all at the same location really made the room much better IMHO.

Thanks so much for the info, Clay. We happen to have a sideways inside booked- woohoo! It's just down the hall from the Blue Lagoon on the 8th deck.

I sometimes take my chances by booking GTY, but not this time. That location looked excellent.

Thanks, again.

Can the 2 twin beds be pushed together to make one bed?

I'm in one of the inside cabins for our Aug. 9 Med Cruise and we're a young married couple (just shy of 2 years).... we need to be together ;)

I'm in one of the inside cabins for our Aug. 9 Med Cruise and we're a young married couple (just shy of 2 years).... we need to be together ;)

Yes.

Just ask you room steward and he/she will be glad to put the beds together for you.

AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! That's so sweet!:p

Yes, the beds can be put together.;)

SH:D

Someone else posted this (awesome) picture to show the size when the beds were separated. It may give you an idea. (I'll have FOUR in an inside in August.)

IMG_0585.jpg

I wish I'd seen this pic sooner. My sisters & I just returned from an Alaskan cruise on Star. We had 3 beds side-by-side on the floor. All of us have a bad back & the beds were a total pain to get in & out of.

Putting the beds together shouldn't be a problem. My DH & I have been together 19 yrs. & married 17 of them. I can still relate to your situation. ;) The TA that booked our honeymoon booked us in a cabin with permanently seperated beds. :rolleyes: We spent the week in a single twin bed. :p We like to touch each other, when we sleep, so we've made sure to never book into that situation again.

KoKonut

I am that other poster....and I have never been able to find a plan for the sideways but if you can imagine they typical cabin layout with the door from the corridor opening directly into the room beside the foot of the bed rather than down the little interior hallway between the bathroom and closet it should give you a good idea. The little interior hallway is still there but rather than having the door to the corridor at the end of it, on Jade at least, its the door to the closet. I just really appreciated not having three doors banging together, esp if someone happened to knock on the outside door while one of us was at the closet. Don't expect the room to feel spacious...just not quite as tight.

Rockwife

We were in 8055(?) don't hold me to that...it was the first inside cabin closest to the forward staircase....but there are several sideways on that deck as I recall. We really enjoyed Deck 8 as you noted, Blue Lagoon is closeby and on more than one occassion we went down and ordered nachos or other snacky food to go and it was easy to carry back to the room. My only complaint was my inside didnt seem to have a balcony! What's up with that?<grin>

We were in an inside on the Dawn (but I believe the ship is pretty much the same size and everything, right?) and we pushed the beds together. I guess mainly because I lean on my husband when we sleep. We pushed it against one wall so if I had to get up in the middle of the night, I got out at the foot of the bed. But I think we were so wiped, I never had to get up anyway, so it worked. :D

Archived