Caribbean Princess A746 or A747 Question

szobell

We are set to sail on the Caribbean Princess in Spring of 2010 and I need to know what the balcony of A746 or A747 (last room on the side - either side) looks like. We did A747 on Ruby Princess in Spring of '09 and loved it because it has a bump out which made it a bigger balcony but we were also able to open up between A745.

I have seen a few images of the ship from a distance, and it APPEARS to have the larger bump out balcony but I want to be sure. I also want to be sure that they are able to open the door between the other balconies in front of this as we are booking 4 rooms.

This image has me nervous as this person is claiming this is on Caribbean Princess and it definitely looks like the balcony does NOT open to the one in front:

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photogallery/d/211786-3/E731+Balcony.jpg

However, I am not sure it is from the Caribbean Princess as it looks like a floor is missing between suites and the balcony in question compared to nearly every other image of the Caribbean Princess I have seen, such as:

http://www.cruisemates.com/images/Princess/CaribPrincess/CARIBBEAN%20PRINCESS.jpg

Any feedback on the size of the balcony / pictures of the balcony and especially about opening between the balcony is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

- Steven

Ok - I did more investigating and I am pretty certain that the image that spooked me (first one) is actually of the Diamond Princess (or other of that same layout - see below:

http://www.blog.deanramsden.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/princess-1.jpg

Can anyone confirm the balcony door can be opened to the adjacent balcony on A746 or A747 on the Caribbean Princess. Pictures showing it better would be greatly appreciated as well.

thx

Here is a video I took on the CB last year. Right at the start of it, you can see A746's balcony, which sticks out at an angle. I'm not positive if A747 has this or not as there wasn't any time where I got a good view of the starboard side. I assume the dividers open like on the rest of the balconies, but I can't swear on it. I took this from R714.

Edited by DanJ

OK, I went back and looked at my pics from that cruise and found a couple that help out. First is another shot of A746.

cruise041.jpg

The second is from Princess Cays. It's far away, but you can see the notch in the superstructure where the A747 balcony sticks out.

cruise068.jpg

We had A747 this fall on the CB. IMHO I think it's a great cabin with the bumped out balcony. Great view from the balcony forward toward the bridge, protection from the rain and enough space for 4 on the balcony. Added pluses are its a lower prices cabin (AD) and its the last cabin at the end of the hallway, only two suites at the aft on that side of the hallway, very quiet.

Only potential downside is that because the balcony is enclosed the cabin is a little darker that others on the Aloha deck. Personally i enjoy that especially in the am's. The balcony is very private when you sit away from the railing, however when you stand at the railing you are looking down into other cabins below and into the adjoining 2 Aloha deck cabins. I've attached the pics I have.

PS the door will open to the adjoining cabin, see pic #3

IMG_0581.jpg.8f413a003a6bea850986b42139ed94c8.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg.2248d5f55016a1886acf8f0329a0e9da.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg.36edd9e6733ffd1e6e02ebaf18ff6e36.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg.4e22c01b1f024b8858516ef0aa24eddd.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg.12ad5506a2a56bc3221b06fa29525619.jpg

Edited by JerseyGuys

I think this picture shows it better

Your pics are great! I never knew this cabin existed. And you are so right about it being darker. Don't know if I would like it though not being able to see the other direction since we had that problem on another ship and it was irritating to see only one way.

This is perfect! It answers my questions perfectly that the balcony is bigger (like on the Ruby) and connects through.

If your traveling with the party in the adjacent cabin and have the pass through open, that is fantastic !!

Edited by JerseyGuys

We were in A 746 on the CB and it does pass through for sure and the balcony is bigger.It is just what you were hoping for.We really liked the balcony and would book the cabin again in a heartbeat.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/11/2017 at 10:43 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

You have Riviera deck above you if you are on Aloha.

We have had cabins right above on Riviera deck.

No noise from above that we have ever heard.

We have this cabin A747 on our cruise next month (Feb 2019)  Is there stairs to go up or down right outside the door?  I see a little notch on the deck plan for that floor and wondering if it is easy access to the terrace pool.  Thank you.  Mary

3 minutes ago, CUontheC said:

We have this cabin A747 on our cruise next month (Feb 2019)  Is there stairs to go up or down right outside the door?  I see a little notch on the deck plan for that floor and wondering if it is easy access to the terrace pool.  Thank you.  Mary

Not from deck 12.

The entrance is at the end of the halls on deck 14.

3 hours ago, CUontheC said:

Crew stairs only.

2 minutes ago, CUontheC said:

Darn....was hoping it was for passenger use.  That's ok with all the food  I can use the exercise. Thank you.

They do use them during muster drill for passengers to get down to their muster station on deck 7.

There are crew stairway guides stationed there in the stairwell if you have a cabin in that area as you head down. 

But any other time they are off limits.

• Like 1