Alaska July 2010--need your opinions desperately

Rabbott529

We're celebrating our 40th, 4th of July 2010. We're thinking of cruising to Alaska. We've cruised twice with Royal Carribean and been very satisfied, but, we would like your experiences of any other cruise lines (including RC) to Alaska, and if you've been on a "cruisetour"? Please let me know which Cruise line you'd choose for this and what excursions we shouldn't miss. Thanks.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

There is a board on Cruise Critic that is devoted to posts about Alaska and is found on the Ports of Call section. If you click on the following URL it will take you there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

I would suggest that you repost your thread on that board and I think you will get a lot of good suggestions on a variety of cruise lines to consider and also about various land tour extensions and also about shore excursions.

Keith

What luxury line are you looking at? Crystal no longer does Alaska cruises and neither does Seabourn. Your only choices in the luxury category are Silversea and Regent. An Alaska Silversea cruise will run about $4600 per person for their lowest category balcony cabin (an ocean view will run about $3700) while Regent will run about $4300 per person for their lowest category balcony cabin. These two lines are all inclusive and are a wonderful cruise experience. They are totally different from cruising on a mass market line. Many less passengers, much better food and service, smaller numbers of passengers on tours, and a can do attitude that you don't find on a mass market cruise ship.

Now, if you're looking for a more mass market cruise line, I would suggest posting this question on the boards for the lines that cruise Alaska, such as Princess, Celebrity, RCI, and NCL. You'll get answers to a lot of your questions about how they each handle Alaska cruises.

Since you selected the luxury board, I'll assume you are looking for an all-inclusive luxury cruise in Alaska (the best way to go IMO). The smaller luxury ships are able to sail in areas that others cannot. Suggest you check out either Silversea or Regent's Alaska cruises. Silversea is running 60% off with included airfare. Regent has included airfare and excursions.

Archived