Please don't yell!

goLC

I have used the search, it is 1 a.m. and I just need help! I'm sure it is on here somewhere, but I haven't found it. Are the nice "dressy" shorts - nice fabric, long... okay for casual nights in the dining room? If paired with a dressy top and dressy, heeled sandals? This is for upcoming cruise on the Valor. I KNOW it's not okay for elegant night, but need to know if it's okay for other nights? I have a very nice pair of black dress shorts - which are nicer than most of my capris - that i would love to wear, but don't want to be out of place. Thanks!

I have used the search, it is 1 a.m. and I just need help! I'm sure it is on here somewhere, but I haven't found it. Are the nice "dressy" shorts - nice fabric, long... okay for casual nights in the dining room? If paired with a dressy top and dressy, heeled sandals? This is for upcoming cruise on the Valor. I KNOW it's not okay for elegant night, but need to know if it's okay for other nights? I have a very nice pair of black dress shorts - which are nicer than most of my capris - that i would love to wear, but don't want to be out of place. Thanks!

Hee!

Okay, sweetie, it's okay...

Deep breaths, deep breaths...

:)

Better?

In the current Carnival dress guidlines...

Dressy Shorts are totally fine in the main dining room on casual nights! Your nice capris would not be out of place either.

They only frown upon "beachy swimsuit" shorts. Athletic shorts, etc.

Things that are very obviously pool attire.

Nice dressy shorts, are perfectly fine for Carnival casual nights.

Valor is a great ship! Enjoy it!

And nice black shorts on casual night will be great!

I hope that I helped here!

Enjoy your cruise, enjoy your nice dressy shorts on casual nights!

You'll be fine!:D

Hee!

Okay, sweetie, it's okay...

Deep breaths, deep breaths...

:)

You'll be fine!:D

That couldn't have been sweeter ;)

And WHY does everyone also assume that we YELL over here? :D

Thanks for the reassurance; I appreciate the comments! It DOES seem like sometimes people get a big snippy if there's a question that has been answered several times, as I was afraid this one had; I just could not find a specific thread about it. I just went shopping and got a great top to go with the black shorts; I hope to see others dressed similarly!

I will whisper so that I do not wake any one - if you are going on Celebrity - no!

BUT dress Capri pants are OK on casual night - the kind that come almost to your ankles.

Thanks for the reassurance; I appreciate the comments! It DOES seem like sometimes people get a big snippy if there's a question that has been answered several times, as I was afraid this one had; I just could not find a specific thread about it. I just went shopping and got a great top to go with the black shorts; I hope to see others dressed similarly!

That will happen if you ask the same question on the cruise line specific boards, not so much here on the Beauty and Fashion Board. The majority of the time all the women and men here are kind and helpful to each other. We do have the occasional person who will ask a question and not like the answer ;)

I've been here for years, learned a lot and have hardly ever been "yelled at", when it does happen, I do my best to ignore them. Every time I don't I regret it.

I will whisper so that I do not wake any one - if you are going on Celebrity - no!

BUT dress Capri pants are OK on casual night - the kind that come almost to your ankles.

On Celebrity during casual night dining in the restaruant I wore mid calf capris with no problems.

• 1 month later...

I was on Pacific Princess, and except for formal nites, I saw several ladies wearing black linen type long shorts with dressy shoes and tops.. I think in new york that length dressy short is called "city shorts"...

Does anyone think I could get away with "city shorts", nice blouse and dress shoes on casual nights on Royal Caribbean Grandeur?

Haven't been on Grandeur but even on Royal Caribbean formal nights you will see the full range of dress - I have seen full length gowns and tuxes as well as farmers overalls, and t-shirted men in shorts!

I think it would be more than acceptable for casual nights. I tend to wear a casual dress and usually feel overdressed on casual nights.

jkudzu - We started back to school July 26th, so we are more than ready for a fall break! We gripe and complain when we start so early, but it is SO nice to have fall break to look forward to!

I wore capris that come to just under my knee on Celebrity, and no one even looked at me.

And quite honestly, some of those older women wearing short skirts and bending over to pick something up they had dropped or sitting in those comfy seats in the bars with their legs open, I had rather seen them wearing shorts instead of their skirts :D

And quite honestly, some of those older women wearing short skirts and bending over to pick something up they had dropped or sitting in those comfy seats in the bars with their legs open, I had rather seen them wearing shorts instead of their skirts :D

:eek: ! :eek:!!

I have seen some women bend at the waist instead of bending at the knees when wearing skirts or dresses!! :eek: Yikes

My mother wore skirts frequently when I was a young girl and she used to always bend and stoop to pick up something.

I was watching the television news recently and a woman bent over at the waist in front of the camera! Reminded me of the garden cutout figures! LOL

Archived