Whats the best beach to visit in St Thomas?

cruiseloving

We are there just for the day on the Victory and was thinking of either Coki, Saphiere or megans bay?? or if you can suggest anything else I'm all ears!

Thank you...

I was on the Miracle last month, and after referrals from CC, we went to the Best Western Emerald Beach. Beautiful beach, nice and quiet, restaurant, beach bar, bathrooms. I've been to all three of the "Tourist beaches" you mentioned, but this place was the bomb !!!

I was on the Miracle last month, and after referrals from CC, we went to the Best Western Emerald Beach. Beautiful beach, nice and quiet, restaurant, beach bar, bathrooms. I've been to all three of the "Tourist beaches" you mentioned, but this place was the bomb !!!

That's the one right next to the airport - correct?

We are thinking of going to Trunk bay.....I heard that is a nice place to go...

What do you think???

I thought the beach was beautiful, but for me the 45 minute boat ride to get there makes it ultimately not worth it for me. Best Western Emerald beach for me.

How did you get there and back? I assume this was not something you booked through a cruise line but did on your own somehow. What did they charge to park yourself on their beach if you don't mind my asking?

If you are the only ship in that day I would suggest Magen's Bay. The beach will still be crowded, but not the same if there are 3 or 4 ships in. Magen's Bay Pizza rocks!

If there are multiple ships in, try something thats not so popular. All beaches in the USVI are public, so even it's on a hotel property you are still allowed there. We like Secret Harbor, but there are many others. The onyl draw back I see to Emerald Beach is it's close location to the airport - across from the runway. You will hear and see airplanes taking off and landing. Fine for the prop planes, but around Noon-2 there will definately be some jets.

Others have mentioned Sapphire Beach- very nice, but there has been a lot of trouble there with management and I have heard conflicting reports of the resturant being open or not at various times. This beach too has gained some popularity, so it does get a little more crowded at times. You get there too find out there are no real facilities to grab a bite to eat etc.

Scott

How did you get there and back? I assume this was not something you booked through a cruise line but did on your own somehow. What did they charge to park yourself on their beach if you don't mind my asking?

We were docked at Havensight, and the taxi was $7pp, and the same guy (Woodpecker) picked us up when we were ready to go back. I believe the chairs(with umbrella) was $10 per chair. Nothin' to it.

• 3 weeks later...
We were docked at Havensight, and the taxi was $7pp, and the same guy (Woodpecker) picked us up when we were ready to go back. I believe the chairs(with umbrella) was $10 per chair. Nothin' to it.

We will be there on Carnival Victory on 9/28. Can you tell me was the cab fare emerald $7.00 per person each way our round trip

thanks

Just got back from Fredom of the Seas cruise on Sunday and went to Sapphire Beach while on St. Thomas. It was very beautiful there. There are clean restrooms, a snack bar and also a waitress very visible all day to take orders for the restaurant over at the resort. Not crowded until we left around 3:30. We snorkeled and saw a bunch of fish, they came right up to us. They guys rented Jet skis around the corner and we parasailed. It was a great day and I would definitely go back to this beach. There was no one on the beach trying to sell us anything either.

Also loved Trunk Bay when we went there 3 years ago. It is kind of a pain to get to but if you make the most out of it is a a great sight seeing trip there and back.

Taxi fare to Sapphire is $10pp each way. For the same price we went through Air Force One tours and got Papa Bear. He was fantastic. Picked us up at the ship, dropped us at the beach, picked us back up when we asked and then dropped 3 of our party of 7 off downtown and took the rest of us back to the pier.

I thought the beach was beautiful, but for me the 45 minute boat ride to get there makes it ultimately not worth it for me. Best Western Emerald beach for me.

is there good snorkeling at emerald?

i have invested in rx goggles, $300 and want my moneys worth

is there good snorkeling at emerald?

i have invested in rx goggles, $300 and want my moneys worth

Not really, according to the St Thomas beach guide on the Virgin Islands Now web site. Emerald Beach is also known as Lindberg Bay.

Instead, you may want to consider Sapphire Beach, Coki Beach, Cowpet Bay, or Secret Harbour.

Not really, according to the St Thomas beach guide on the Virgin Islands Now web site. Emerald Beach is also known as Lindberg Bay.

Instead, you may want to consider Sapphire Beach, Coki Beach, Cowpet Bay, or Secret Harbour.

i am thinking of coki...where will my carnival ship dock? town, etc...i can then figure out the taxi ride time etc

• 2 weeks later...

Boy, ask a dozen people and you'll probably get a dozen answers! :p

We enjoy Magen's Bay. If your ship docks early (say, 9 am or earlier), you can go there right away and it is NOT crowded. Many passengers go shopping first and then do the beach in the afternoon when it's hotter; we've done that in reverse and it was fabulous. Nothing better than swimming in the beautiful turquoise waters at 10 am. It was incredible.

Can you tell me the price of the parasailing and was it right at Sapphire Beach.

St. John is well worth the trip and we have gone there the prior two trips so this time we want to see St. Thomas. We are thinking of Papa Bear or Godfrey Tours to get a tour of the island, shopping and beach time.

• 1 month later...

kauaigirl - Magens Bay isn't known for good snorkeling. Nice beach for swimming, relaxing, hanging out, taking a walk... Sapphire has good snorkeling. You can rent chairs at both.

love-2-vacation - There is only one company on St. Thomas that does parasailing that I am aware of, they pick up around the island at different resorts and resort beaches. They pick up at the Sapphire Marina, which is a short walk from the beach. It is $75 pp.

--Islander

Archived