Paid balance to TA, Credit Card statement says name of TA?

jonmar

Here is an update. I emailed them on Thursday to find out when I can expect my documents for our November 30, 2009 voyage. I received an auto reply email that they have gone out of business. Cunard says the host agency is responsible for my documents now. I've had no dealings with them whatsoever. Anyhow, we paid Cunard directly back when this whole thing started, so the trip is not under threat. Can anyone advise how important it is to have documents to check in, in NY?
So long as you have a confirmed, fully-paid reservation, you can just walk up to the agents at the pier and check-in. Print out your reservation confirmation documents if you want to have something to show security, and pick up luggage tags at the pier.

Bon Voyage!

I guess it is now permissable to name the travel agency in question!
eCruiseStore - the operator had a outside sales relationship with a number of host agencies so he worked under a number of names, though "Mud" seems to fit him best.

eCruiseStore - the operator had a outside sales relationship with a number of host agencies so he worked under a number of names, though "Mud" seems to fit him best.

Thanks.

I'm quite shocked at the methods used, which are so obvious in hindsight.

Thanks.

I'm quite shocked at the methods used, which are so obvious in hindsight.

One dead giveaway is the agent charging the final payment to their own merchant account. Though there may be some legitimate agencies that do this in order to receive their commissions pre-sailing, most agencies consider this an unacceptable practice.

The thing that shocks me most is the competition bidding website that drove most of ecruisestore's business let them continue to work through them despite a long and loud history of complaints. I've considered working through that website myself, but now I'm having major second thoughts.

I've not being following this thread for a while and have just caught up with the latest. I too had heard that they had gone under but people like this have a bad habit of doing a Phoenix act and rising from the ashes under the guise of a new name and the fact that they were already trading under numerous names makes me still suspicious that they are "out" there.

I too took the competing website in question (where I had found this agent) to task about keeping them onboard. I found their management good to deal with and they did help me get some of my money back. However, they were reluctant to oust the agent claiming that it would almost certainly force the agency to go under and take more victims with them, which is what has happened anyway. I did say at the time that they were having their own reputation besmirched by this and that certainly seems to be playing out. I wouldn't use them again on principal and I bet many others wouldnt either now.

Cheers

Any updates on this? I did a trial quote from the website and did not receive any quotes from the questionable agency so maybe it/he is finally gone.

Thanks, Bettie, for letting us know about the results of your trial quote. I, too, would be interested in any updates.

Thanks, Bettie, for letting us know about the results of your trial quote. I, too, would be interested in any updates.

I'm going to do another test:rolleyes:over the weekend and will let you know what happens--I fully expect this guy to be up and running soon--these types seem to know all of the angles.

I'm going to do another test:rolleyes:over the weekend and will let you know what happens--I fully expect this guy to be up and running soon--these types seem to know all of the angles.

This is my BIG concern, Bettie. I fear he will come up with a new name for his agency and hurt innocent folks again. Do let us know what you find out when you do your test.

Beth

Hello,

He was still up and running about a month ago. My impression is that he goes for the higher dollar sailings.

We had asked for a quote through the competition bidding website for a Seabourn cruise. The agent mentioned above came in with the lowest quote. When we spoke with him, he offered a further reduction and onboard credit if we paid in full, six months in advance. Fortunately, I had a conflict in my work schedule come up, and we didn't book. However, he continued to contact us several times with better deals, and finally became quite rude when he realised that he was not getting the booking.

I hope that he does not resurface in any shape or form...

Alan

Archived