Liquor store near the Westin (Seattle)

gacruiser

Does anyone know if there is a liquor store near the Westin? Also if there is anyplace close to pick up a 12 pack of diet cokes.

Across the street from the Westin, the valet car drop off side there is a Bartell Drugs where you can pick up soda. There used to be a liquor store on 6th between Union and Seneca, but I am not sure if it is still there?? There is one on the corner of 2nd and Seneca and they are open Monday - Saturday 10-6.

Does anyone know if there is a liquor store near the Westin? Also if there is anyplace close to pick up a 12 pack of diet cokes.

One thing my fellow Washingtonians failed to mention (that I always tell out-of-staters) is that we have state run liquor stores here in Washington. I don't know how it is in Georgia but my California and Florida friends are always amazed that they can't go into a liquor store on every corner. And that our liquor stores only sell liquor. I always warn out of staters. And if you are not a state liquor store state where you are, you may also be shocked at the prices. They are off the charts due to the taxes and lack of competition. That's why when we sail from Seattle we make big use of the duty free shop on board.

So if we want to buy liquor to fill up our rum runners we need to do it on Friday or Saturday before our Sunday departure, correct? ;)

Or are they open on Sunday?

Very, very few Washington State Liquor stores are open on Sundays. Here is a link to the Washington State Liquor Control Board store site:

http://w100.liq.wa.gov/services/storesearch.asp

Welcome to the People's Republic of Washington.

One thing my fellow Washingtonians failed to mention (that I always tell out-of-staters) is that we have state run liquor stores here in Washington. I don't know how it is in Georgia but my California and Florida friends are always amazed that they can't go into a liquor store on every corner. And that our liquor stores only sell liquor. I always warn out of staters. And if you are not a state liquor store state where you are, you may also be shocked at the prices. They are off the charts due to the taxes and lack of competition. That's why when we sail from Seattle we make big use of the duty free shop on board.

I was starting to think that was the case, thanks for verifying. Do you recommend buyng liquor at the airport or would that be even more expensive?

Thanks for the info. The liquor stores in Ga are different then in WA. I can pick up mixers , wines even some snacks in some. I may end up getting a rummer runner and filling it with liquor from here and putting it in my luggage and hope for the best. I don't plan on bringing a bunch, just enough to have a drink before dinner.

Thanks for the info. The liquor stores in Ga are different then in WA. I can pick up mixers , wines even some snacks in some. I may end up getting a rummer runner and filling it with liquor from here and putting it in my luggage and hope for the best. I don't plan on bringing a bunch, just enough to have a drink before dinner.

You can get wine and beer in the state liquor stores and just about any market. It will be the same price everywhere because of the taxes. You will probably be better off bringing it with you for that amount.

Very, very few Washington State Liquor stores are open on Sundays. Here is a link to the Washington State Liquor Control Board store site:

http://w100.liq.wa.gov/services/storesearch.asp

Welcome to the People's Republic of Washington.

Thanks for the link, but it needs a county...a zip code I could do, but what county is the Seattle Westin in?

• 2 weeks later...

It is hard to give you a good answer on that right now. I say that because the State Liquor stores are having a major warehouse problem and are low on many items. And if you missed it, that's the ONLY place in the state of Washington you can buy anything other and beer or wine.

You can check availability of any item in the entire system at this address: http://liq.wa.gov/pricebook/PriceBookMenu1.asp

But I know that our local liquor store (and a few others I have been to in the past two weeks looking for Campari) has had some pretty empty shelves.

Jim

Archived