Shore Excursion Videos for Greece

Cruzer Two

I have created shore excursion Youtube videos for several ports in Greece. These include visits include Athens, Rhodes, and Santorini. Click on the link below for information on viewing these and other shore excursion videos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=926243

Ron aka CruzerTwo aka CruzerToo

Hi Ron

thank you for the video. What tour excursion did you take in Santorini? It will be my husband and I's 10th wedding anniversary that day and seeing if a tour or on our own is better.

Thanks

Hi Ron

thank you for the video. What tour excursion did you take in Santorini? It will be my husband and I's 10th wedding anniversary that day and seeing if a tour or on our own is better.

Thanks

Hi Kim,

Santorini is a tender port, so your ship will anchor off-shore and tenders will you deposit you at a small marina near the town of Fira. The town is actually located on a cliff that overlooks the marina. You can ride the cable car or take a donkey up a narrow winding path to the town if you choose not to take an organized tour.

We took a ship sponsored tour that picked us up at the marina and went first to the beautiful little village of Oia. This famous village is perched atop a craggy cliff at the northern most point of the island. We walked the very narrow, twisting cobblestone alleyways and steps admiring the wonderful white-washed houses and shops. The panoramic and colorful views are amazing. Most of the pictures you will see of Santorini were taken in Oia. This village is one of the main attractions on the island and is not to be missed in my opinion.

After Oia, we went to a local winery located at the opposite end of the island on the edge of another steep cliff. The views from here were amazing as well. The tour ended in the town of Fira. After walking around Fira for awhile and sampling some of the local wine and beer we took the cable car down the hill to the tenders waiting at the marina.

If you choose not to take a ship sponsored tour I’m sure you can go on-line and find a private company that will provide a similar tour. I’ve heard that local transportation is available from Fira to Oia, but I don’t have any specific information.

Whatever you decide to do I’m sure you will love Santorini. What a wonderful place to spend an anniversary! Congratulations! Sitting at a sidewalk café in Oia sipping a glass of wine might just be the perfect way to celebrate your special occasion.

Enjoy your cruise,

Ron

Thank you, Ron, for your videos. We are going to be in Santorini in a few short weeks. We are signed up for the ship tour "Village of Oia and Santorini Island". Ours is Princess and I see you were on Celebrity, but your tour sounds similiar. Was there a lot of walking involved?

Thank you, Ron, for your videos. We are going to be in Santorini in a few short weeks. We are signed up for the ship tour "Village of Oia and Santorini Island". Ours is Princess and I see you were on Celebrity, but your tour sounds similiar. Was there a lot of walking involved?

Noony,

I'm sure that both tours will be practically identical. A little bit of walking is required in Oia, but there are not too many steps if you stay on the main walking street. If you venture off on side paths you will be required to navigate some quite steep steps. There will be some walking required to see the sights in Fira, but the walking street is fairly level. If you take the cable car down to the marina it will deposit you very close to where the tenders will be waiting.

Have a great cruise. I would love to make a return trip one of these days.

Ron

Archived