Seattle - Seafood Restaurant - Suggestions please

calmac

We will be in Seattle for our wedding anniversary and are looking for some suggestions for where to eat that evening.

We will be staying at the Marriott Waterfront and would like somewhere within walking distance of the hotel (mobility not a problem).

Our preference would be for seafood but not $$$ :D

DS (age 14) will be with us so we want to avoid "couples" places.

Thanks

I'd go across the street to the Bell Street Diner if you want something informal and relatively inexpensive but still good. Upstairs, Anthony's Pier 66 is a bit more formal and expensive, but you might want to have a look at both places/menus before making a reservation for one or the other.

I haven't been to it for a while but Cutter's up by the Market might be a nice alternative. The view over the bay is nice and the food is/was good. It certainly isn't really a "couples" restaurant so your son would be comfortable. They also have a good variety on the menu if anyone doesn't want seafood.

We ate at Anthony's Pier 66 (the one across from the Marriott, which is a great hotel by the way) and at Elliot's Oyster House near the aquarium. Both are very good. I liked the food at Anthony's better than Elliott's, but my husband preferred the food at Elliott's. They are both a little pricey, but well worth it. You can't go wrong with either choice. Have a great time.

Anne:)

we really enjoyed Anthony s..it s right next to the Pier 66 terminal..and across the street from where your staying..very convient if your walking..

if you have some time at SeaTac..there s also a Anthony s take out just inside the security check-point near the SouthWest desk..

Anthony's, Bell St., Elliott's... all excellent. Also Six-Seven, the restaurant in the Edgewater (just down the street) has gotten good reviews (we haven't eaten there).

Ironically, there was a highly touted seafood restaurant right inside the Marriott (Todd English's Fish Club) that was quietly closed down some months ago as the price/quality equation never got sorted out. Even if you're a celebrity chef, in this town you're dealing with some pretty picky fish eaters, so watch out...

Anthony's and Cutters are both very good.

Not sure what night you are going to dinner, but some of the Anthony's have what is called the Sunset dinner if you get there before 6pm. It is a very reasonable price and it comes with shrimp cocktail, salad or chowder, main entree and dessert. You really can't go wrong with it they have a variety on the menu.

we ate at the Crab Pot in June. Right down on the waterfront , near the aquarium.

We had a nice meal, great food, reasonably priced, sat out on the deck overlooking the bay. 3 in our party had one of the seafood boils where they pour crab legs, shrimp, scallops, whatever you choose right out on the table and you dig in. My best friend ordered the grilled salmon which was absoutley out of this world.

Salty's on Alki isn't walking distance, but they provide complimentary limo service from downtown hotels (including the Marriott Waterfront). The food is quite good, and they have the best view in town--absolutely gorgeous!

http://www.saltys.com/seattle/index.asp

Hi

I just checked out the link for saltys. It looks great. We will be at the Westin Seattle in October.I see it says complimentary limo from the hotels. Would we need to take a cab back? Also what would be an apropriate amount to tip the limo driver?

Thanks

Hi

I just checked out the link for saltys. It looks great. We will be at the Westin Seattle in October.I see it says complimentary limo from the hotels. Would we need to take a cab back? Also what would be an apropriate amount to tip the limo driver?

Thanks

You should check with them when you book it, but I believe the limo will take you both ways. As for the tip...I'm terrible at those things. Anybody else have an idea? It's probably a 15- of 20-minute drive from the Westin.

Salty's does a fabulous Sunday brunch buffet, by the way--a good warmup for cruise eating! :)

Salty's does have one of the best brunches in town. You might want to make reservations for it though- it can be quite full.

Palaside has a good happy hour and is jsut out past Pier 91 with an excellent view.

Ray's Boathouse is also good, a little more pricey, it is just past the locks.

I would agree with the other posters that Anthony's Pier 66 would be the best within walking distance.

Thanks for all your suggestions. We have looked at the various websites and will take a note of the addresses with us. We have 4 nights in total in Seattle so we might just visit more than one of the restaurants :D

I always take my out of town guest to Elliott's Oyster House at Pier 56. They have a great selection of seafood but also plenty of non-seafood items. Dress is casual and service has always been good. Sometimes there is a slight wait but you can just hang outside on the pier.

Archived