Pam Travel Clock

HEINER

What is a Baby Ben wind up clock?:cool:

Well, I assume they're still being made; I had one when I was in high school. It's a small wind up clock as opposed to a Big Ben.

Does the clock from LL Bean have a 12 or 24 hour display option?
12-hour with AM/PM; not 24-hour, i.e., 1300, 1400, etc. Also, they have redesigned it from what I have but it's still a basic, easy-to-set and use alarm clock.

Does the clock from LL Bean have a 12 or 24 hour display option?

12 hour, the way normal people tell time! Seriously, it doesn't appear to have an option to change to the 24hour clock. But, it does have an option to switch the temperature reading from Fahrenheit to Celsius, which would be even harder to figure out on your own than the 9:30pm/2130h thing. Here's a link to the product page:

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=62137&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=4529&feat=4529-tn&cat4=2932

12 hour, the way normal people tell time! Seriously, it doesn't appear to have an option to change to the 24hour clock. But, it does have an option to switch the temperature reading from Fahrenheit to Celsius, which would be even harder to figure out on your own than the 9:30pm/2130h thing.
OK. I ran upstairs and grabbed my LL Bean clock just to verify. There's no 24-hour/military time mode.

I just ordered this clock yesterday! Look in their sale section and it's $14.95. I love LLBean -- a lot of their stuff is going with us to Alaska in 2 weeks.:)

Thanks! I've been looking for a small thermometer to take with me so I can see what the inside temp is. Even better to have a clock. I ordered the one in the sale section. It's just a little different from the one Toto posted but it looks like it's just an updated model. It's called the Nightfinder II but has the same functionality.

And - if you enter promotion code 3012422 shipping is free :-)

Thanks bjkTX. .. . I used the promotion code and received free shipping and no sales tax. That made it just $14.99. Life is good:D!

12 hour, the way normal people tell time! Seriously, it doesn't appear to have an option to change to the 24hour clock. But, it does have an option to switch the temperature reading from Fahrenheit to Celsius, which would be even harder to figure out on your own than the 9:30pm/2130h thing. Here's a link to the product page:

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=62137&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=4529&feat=4529-tn&cat4=2932

If normal people told the time the correct and only way i.e. 24 hour clock then they would never miss a flight etc by turning up 12 hours later :D It happens all the time :confused:

If normal people told the time the correct and only way i.e. 24 hour clock then they would never miss a flight etc by turning up 12 hours later :D It happens all the time :confused:
I don't doubt you in the least. There was a TV show a year or so ago called "Airline" or something like that about. It was a reality show featuring Southwest Airlines and how their staff deal with unruly and just plain stupid passengers. Kinda sad to see how naive some people are and how others act.

Here is another clock we found and have been using for a number of years. It does cost a little more but it has a built in flash light. I just grab it when I have to get up in the middle of the night to head to the bathroom.

http://www.brookstone.com/microbeam-travel-alarm-clocks.html?his=2%7E46337%7E2%7Eroot_category%40kwd%7Etravel+alarm+clock

Marilee

• 2 months later...

Pam,

I ordered one of these clocks a couple of weeks ago and it was delivered today. (Had to come to Australia) I love it. We don't have anything comparable to this here so that is why I sent for it. Cost more for postage than the actual clock, but I am not whinging. Worth every cent.

By the way, for those that were asking about the 12 hr/24 hr function, yes it does have that. It is a button hidden by the battery cover on the back.

I bought red to match my new acer netbook and my mobile phone :D

Pam' date='

I ordered one of these clocks a couple of weeks ago and it was delivered today. (Had to come to Australia) I love it. We don't have anything comparable to this here so that is why I sent for it. Cost more for postage than the actual clock, but I am not whinging. Worth every cent. [/quote']Great! I'd hate to recommend something and wind up having people disappointed. :)

Archived