Free Wi Fi in Fremantle Australia

Wow, how I've been ripped off on several cruises for using on 'board computers' and my own laptop.

I wanted to tell everyone about what I found in Fremantle who will be visiting there this coming cruise season.

My wife and I went into this coffee lounge called Croissant Express in the cafe strip and after we ordered coffee and a muffin, the manager lady said she noticed that I was carrying my laptop and asked us if we'd like a free Wi Fi connection? Wow, log on with their password and I did all my messages with photos of our journey to date.

Great coffee and muffins too.

Go for it.

All of the McDonalds in Australia have free WIFI. It is a bit slow but it is free. Also, the Dome restaurant chain gives you 45 minutes of pretty fast WIFI. Finally, check out libraries - most of them have WIFI.

DON

Don't think many of the 'round the world cruisers' would be interested in having coffee at a McDonalds whilst there are up market coffee lounges available, but I guess the whole idea of this forum as a medium is to give people helpful information.

The main point to get across is that you don't have to search and pay for a computer at an internet cafe in Fremantle. If you have a laptop whilst there, take it ashore.

I'd still recommend Croissant Express in the main cafe strip and to use the alfresco area and be part of the local scene.

Graeme.

All of the McDonalds in Australia have free WIFI. It is a bit slow but it is free. Also, the Dome restaurant chain gives you 45 minutes of pretty fast WIFI. Finally, check out libraries - most of them have WIFI.

DON

I for one am very happy to hear about the free wi-fi at McD's. We are traveling for 15 nights prior to our cruise on the Rhapsody. Not that I like McDonalds all that much but I can have a quick coffee and catch up on my e-mail.

Thanks for the info.

I for one am very happy to hear about the free wi-fi at McD's. We are traveling for 15 nights prior to our cruise on the Rhapsody. Not that I like McDonalds all that much but I can have a quick coffee and catch up on my e-mail.

Thanks for the info.

Since there is little difference in the price of a cup of coffee between McDonalds and an up market alfresco establishment, I guess the criteria boils down to what social environmental level you are personally comfortable with Monica.

But Don needs my thanks here too because I would never have found out about McDonalds free WiFi as I've never been in one.

Graeme.

Don't think many of the 'round the world cruisers' would be interested in having coffee at a McDonalds whilst there are up market coffee lounges available, but I guess the whole idea of this forum as a medium is to give people helpful information.

The main point to get across is that you don't have to search and pay for a computer at an internet cafe in Fremantle. If you have a laptop whilst there, take it ashore.

I'd still recommend Croissant Express in the main cafe strip and to use the alfresco area and be part of the local scene.

Graeme.

My point was that there is free WIFI at EVERY free standing McD's in Australia. There is the slight possibility that people might need WIFI at other Australian locations besides Fremantle or that you might not be really close to the Croissant Express.

If you do not find this to be useful information, don't read my posts.

DON

Thanks for the info.

Assume that it will be a slow coffee. Remember, I said that the WIFI was free but slow.

Also, almost all of the McDs in Au have McCafes. The coffee there is brewed and not poured from a pot.

DON

My point was that there is free WIFI at EVERY free standing McD's in Australia. There is the slight possibility that people might need WIFI at other Australian locations besides Fremantle or that you might not be really close to the Croissant Express.

If you do not find this to be useful information, don't read my posts.

DON

If you read my original post you will find that it was entitled 'Free Wi Fi in Fremantle Australia. It was put up by myself to help all travellers arriving in Fremantle, who want to escape the draconian costs of internet usage on cruise liners and who would like a nice place to go in walking distance of the ship where they can have fast free internet access.

Just to put McDonalds out of the way once and for all, I did a search of McDonald outlets in the Perth region and there isn't one in Fremantle anyway.

On your comment about not reading your posts....It wasn't your post it was just your dumb answers that needed to be addressed.

Fairy Wren, your summing up was accurate.

All this because I wanted to give some valuable information to others.

I now remember why I tired of this back in 2005 when I joined.

DON

Very valuable - regardless of what others think. We will be in AU for 35 days this fall and using wifi at McD's will be very convenient. Given that most hotel chains in North America provide fee WiFi (usually very fast) and most campgrounds provide wifi (we have a motorhome - best wifi speed clocked in a KOA was 17 mb) we find the rates quoted for many hotels (a minimum of $5 an hour and as much as $30 a day!!!!) outrageous. This trip I'm not going to carry a laptop (given I just had one stolen from a rented vehicle in Vancouver) but will make do with a new iPod Touch that will provide access to investment portfolios if I have wifi access. At least I can keep it in my pocket.

Thanks for the tip Don.

Grandriver

Archived