Wish I had bought on Board....liquor cannot remember name

DUCHESSRN

We were on Pride for Pananama Canal great trip.

Saw in store a bottle of I think Whiskey that rocked with ship it had a weighted

bottom . Wanted it for gift but already had allowance.

Can anyone remember what brand it was or if I could get it on line or land.

Thanks so much.

We were on Pride for Pananama Canal great trip.

Saw in store a bottle of I think Whiskey that rocked with ship it had a weighted

bottom . Wanted it for gift but already had allowance.

Can anyone remember what brand it was or if I could get it on line or land.

Thanks so much.

Just an FYI for next time. You can buy more than your allowance. Just make sure to declare it. The worst that happens is that you have to pay the duty which is only $2 or $3 per liter. (Most times if you are only one or two liters over the limit they wave you right through. Just make sure that you declare it.)

Just an FYI for next time. You can buy more than your allowance. Just make sure to declare it. The worst that happens is that you have to pay the duty which is only $2 or $3 per liter. (Most times if you are only one or two liters over the limit they wave you right through. Just make sure that you declare it.)

I once brought back 12 bottles of Dominican rum, declared all of it and they just waved me thru...Dennis

If anyone has it on land, it would be "Total Wine & More" so you could call or go online & ask about it. We have a Total Wine here and it is the biggest store of pure alcohol that I've ever seen. They have everything under the sun including the Cruzan flavored rums that I get onboard the Carnival ships. They are cheaper too than I pay on the ship but the bottle is slightly smaller.

i have a declaring it question.....how do you declare it? while on the ship or just on the custom forms that you turn in at the pier?

thanks so much.

You list it on the customs form. We brought back 8 bottles of booze last time and declared all of it... they just waved us through. Unless you get a really crabby customs agent or you bring back several cases, I think they generally don't want to take the time to calculate your duty. That's been the experience of all of my family that travels, anyway.

I don't suppose it was Johnnie Walker Swing, was it? The bottle's irregular bottom allows it to rock back and forth.

johnnie_walker_swing_lrg.gif

i have a bottle of that. Apart from the neat bottle, you're not missing much. Buy a bottle of Johnny Black and its better anyway.

Archived