On-ship rental of dinner suit & cocktail dresses

Tricky Diggy

Hello again,

has anyone rented a dinner suit from the sea princess?

Is it possible?

Do we have to get in quick before they're booked up?

How much for how long?

What is appropriate for the formal dinners for my wife?...cocktail dress or long gown?:)

In the US, a dinner suit is called a tuxedo and they can be rented on most Princess ships. It will be in your cabin when you board or shortly thereafter. Either a cocktail dress or long gown is appropriate for your wife. Just avoid the real poufy ball gowns.

Either cocktail or long would we fine for you wife.

The Sea Princess has mostly British passengers, therefore I would say there was more dressing up than on other ships.

Cruiseline Formalwear is the company Princess uses for tuxedo rentals. I have used them twice and have had nothing but good experiences. Check out their web site here.

Be sure to try on your tux soon after you receive it in case a garment needs to be switched out or adjusted. See your cabin steward for any adjustments.

Lew

You can pre order tuxes - however - according to some very experienced cruisers on this forum who have been on all of the ships, all itineraries all you need are socks, pants (any kind except fraying jeans), long sleeve shirt they will let you in on formal night.

I do not buy it but some say it is acceptable - they know who they are and will certainly chime in any minute now.

Ron

You can pre order tuxes - however - according to some very experienced cruisers on this forum who have been on all of the ships, all itineraries all you need are socks, pants (any kind except fraying jeans), long sleeve shirt they will let you in on formal night.

I do not buy it but some say it is acceptable - they know who they are and will certainly chime in any minute now.

Ron

So as to not disappoint you, yes, I wear pants, long sleeved dress shirt and blue blazer (no tie) on formal nights and have never been approached by the staff. If not acceptable, it is at least tolerated. I do not own a suit and would not be caught dead in a tux. BTW this mode of dress was initially suggested to me by my waiter when on the first Princess cruise I told him I would not be there for formal night.

This is not meant to be argumentative but simply a statement of personal experience. What others wear is of no concern to me. It however does not answer the OP's question.

Archived