Captain Johnny Mariner permanent fixture?

Captain Johnny came out with the Mariner......from the shipyard. It's been his ship since day one!

He shares his duties with his reliever....Captain Per.....another great person.......and also enjoys Harleys.......or he would be in trouble....since, from the time that you enter the "off limits" area of the deck quarters to the bridge........it's full of Harley pictures.

As Bob mentioned.........his schedule......which can vary from time to time......is 10 weeks on and 10 weeks off. He has 10 days to go......before he goes......back home on Holiday!

Rick

It was my understanding that he was leaving the Mariner permanently, but I heard that he was going to Oasis.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I really enjoyed Captain Johnny, and would love for him to be on my cruise in January.

But, he told me he wouldn't be on Mariner in January......I asked him.......:(

It was my understanding that he was leaving the Mariner permanently, but I heard that he was going to Oasis.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I really enjoyed Captain Johnny, and would love for him to be on my cruise in January.

He is headed for the Allure. Check the Captains list for the Captains of the Oasis.........it's Thore and Tor......after Captain Bill does his thing!:)

Rick

Looks like he left his baby today "for good" and won't be coming back!

Yikes.......you might be right! I did'nt check my calendar......but I might be off by 10 days.........

I thought that he would be on the Mariner for one or two more "tours" before heading to Helsinki.......and the Allure.....as she is coming together.

Rick

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=20338074#post20338074

wolfcathorse does a great job keeping up with this list, you can do all your captain planning:)! Some a few posts back on the current captains list there was mention of him leaving the Mariner, going on vacation and then reporting to Finland for the Allure.

Seems pretty boneheaded that the Travel Channel show spent so much airtime on a Captain that will no longer be onboard the ship. The show is already "out of date" and it just came out. The producers didn't do their research well. :(

But even if he is not going back to the ship, the Mariner will remain his baby;)

Seems pretty boneheaded that the Travel Channel show spent so much airtime on a Captain that will no longer be onboard the ship. The show is already "out of date" and it just came out. The producers didn't do their research well. :(

Worst part is I heard he came back that week just to do the show. Wasn't his usual rotation :rolleyes:. We sailed with Capt Johnny 2 years ago and will miss him when we are in the Mariner in a few weeks.

We just got off Mariner yesterday..at the Captains Corner chat, he indicated he was going home but would be back after vacation time off....and he has been with the Company 34 years and been on all the ships in the fleet....did not say he was Captain of all those ships....:)

We were told in Oct that Capt Johnny would be leaving Mariner to take Allure.

We were told in Oct that Capt Johnny would be leaving Mariner to take Allure.

So I've been told. Regardless, he will not be on Mariner, but I will be, again.

I guess I will have to wait for Allure to be finished if I ever want to hear, "Good morning, good morning, good morning....," again:(

We're just off Mariner yesterday.... Capt Johnny did say he was off for 10 weeks vacation beginning this week. He will be Master of Allure, but according to him, he'll be back on Mariner for about 3 more tours before leaving. He said he won't be heading to Finland until Fall, 2010.

Our daughter is a performer on the Mariner (ice skater) and she said he left today.:( since we will be on the ship a week from today.

Just saw the ice show last week on the Mariner. It was awesome! Best cruise show I've ever seen. Tell your daughter, "Thanks!"

We're just off Mariner yesterday.... Capt Johnny did say he was off for 10 weeks vacation beginning this week. He will be Master of Allure, but according to him, he'll be back on Mariner for about 3 more tours before leaving. He said he won't be heading to Finland until Fall, 2010.

If that's the case, and if I counted the weeks correctly, we will miss him by one week....:eek:

I hope I counted wrong;)

Just saw the ice show last week on the Mariner. It was awesome! Best cruise show I've ever seen. Tell your daughter, "Thanks!"

Yes, the Ice Show is fantastic.

Hi, Jill, I hope your Mariner cruise was great. I remember what happened to you on another cruise....:eek:

Archived