What was your final saving/credit in price drops using Early Saver

Cookie2boys

Just for fun, I was wondering how much credit you received by booking with Early Saver? We cruise in November and I'll be happy if I could get at least $100 credit.

Also was wondering if your cruise is not paid in full, would you get onboard credit or would the credit go towards your unpaid balance?

I am going on a cruise with a group from work. We're not an "official" Carnival group, the cabins were all booked separately. I was able to convert to "senior" rate for 2 of the cabins. We have received 2 price adjustments for a total of $120 per cabin for OV and $60 per cabin for inside. There has been no adjustment for the other cabins.

We cruise on 8/31. I have had 2 price drops and one upgrade. One price drop while we still owed money.. so the balance dropped. After we paid, I noticed that 6B cabins were the same as I paid for a 6A, so I upgraded. We then had one more price drop of $44pp, so we have $88 in OBC.

Since then, we have reached the 60 day mark and it seems the prices are rising.

Mine is a bit different I purchased our cruise with a 2 Cat upgrade. Then tranferred it to ES. It is hard to get much of a drop when you get an upgrade when you first book. We have received $80 drop total though. I was thrilled with this when the room we first booked got the 2 Cat upgrade for $60 less. I feel good with the $60 drop in the ES program.

We got final payment reduced by $200 total - plus a category upgrade from 8A ot 8G (which would have cost about $240 each if we had purchased that cabin to begin with). Can't wait to try out the aft balcony!

I'm happy :)

We got a decrease of $40 back in May because the 3/4 guest rates dropped. However since we booked 1/2 person have gone up $120 so I guess we booked at the right time. I don't anticipate the price dropping at this point below what we paid, but if it does it will be nice. I am guessing if it drops it will only go back down to what we paid.

They must have just done a price drop over the weekend. We are looking at the Liberty for Feb or March next year - and the price went down $300 since Friday - on the 9A's at least.

We did the early saver for the Miracle in October paid in full the day of the booking. Right now even with the new early saver rates and on board credits I have saved over 300 bucks. We decided on an inside room since we have never been in one, and we are hardly ever in the room anyway.

I know others have said early saver program isn't a deal, but it hard to convince me of that when I look at all the pricing.

You'll have to excuse my ignorance here, but I thought one of the requirements booking Early Saver was that you got the lowest price to begin with. Is everyone here saying that those who booked ES can also experience a price drop?

Archived