What kind of water are the Princess Pools filled with?

kerojack

I was just wondering what kind of water they fill the pools with on a Princess Ship.

I saw that some lines fill with fresh water and some with salt.

All Princess ships use fresh water as salt water corrodes. You have to have special piping in order to use sea water plus they're harder and more expensive to maintain.

If I am not mistaken, the smaller ships, Tahitian/Ocean, Pacific and Royal (used to be the Renaissance ships) have salt water pools. All of the larger Princess ships pools are fresh water. ;)

I also think the little girls have salt water.

Unless the three "babies" (Royal, Tahitian & Pacific) have been replumbed, they are salt-water.

As built, the 8 R class ships had salt-water pools.

You're right. I'm wrong. :( They were built with salt-water pools and they remain that way. My bad.

How many pools on the Coral and are they covered?

The coral does have a covered pool area. It's great. They also have a larger pool uncovered. The typical sundeck type of Princess pool. I am not sure if there is another pool or not. I was on that ship just a year ago, but I stayed in the enclosed pool area. Loved it.

How many pools on the Coral and are they covered?

There are 2 pools on the Coral's Lido deck (14). The Lotus pool and its 2 hot tubs are midship-aft and covered. The Lido pool and its 3 hot tubs are midship-forward and open-air.

There is also a small round splash pool up on the forward Sports deck (16).

You guys are right - the TP does have a salt water pool.. I thought it would be 'yucky' and I would feel gross after getting out, but I didn't - it not really noticeable unless you get H20 on your lips or mouth.

Some on our ship complained (we were on the WC for 107 days - so lots of pool opportunities) about the amount of chemicals they added to the pool and a few people even said it 'ate up their suits' - but I didn't have that problem - so maybe don't go in with your best suit til you check it out...:)

You guys are right - the TP does have a salt water pool.. I thought it would be 'yucky' and I would feel gross after getting out, but I didn't - it not really noticeable unless you get H20 on your lips or mouth.

Some on our ship complained (we were on the WC for 107 days - so lots of pool opportunities) about the amount of chemicals they added to the pool and a few people even said it 'ate up their suits' - but I didn't have that problem - so maybe don't go in with your best suit til you check it out...:)

Hmmm... I don't think they add any chemicals to the water. At least I've not noticed any noticeable chlorine smell. And since the WC cruises were on a smaller ship, wouldn't the water be disinfected by the salt? Just askin'...:)

Hi Rick - I am not an expert on this either - but you could definitely smell chlorine from the pools and spas and they were salt water, could tell by the taste when splashing ....so don't know how that works:confused:

Dear Pam in CA,

You have a wonderful portfolio of Cruises and photographs, with a wonderful Brummel of Cats.We have one Sealpoint of the furry Persian kind with a very friendly disposition.

You have travelled extensively and this is our 'one-time' extended vacation to Canada, the USA and the Netherlands Antilles.

You have sailed around the world and we are first time Cruisers.

We have skimmed the surface of a few of the places you have been to, never scraped the tip of an ice-berg and you have seen them all. The closest we'll ever get to the Fjords, is on the deck of the Norwegian 'Sky' and am enthralled by all these wonderful

places that you have been to.

I do notice that you will be visiting Tanzania in the near future and would like to add that Zanzibar in East Africa is amazing, after having spent a vacation there, and wonder if you will get the opportunity on your African Safari to see old Stone Town and it's surrounds.

The ocean is a myriad of aqua blue that changes before your eyes - and the ocean is so clear and calm.

We are looking forward with anticipation to our forthcoming Cruises on the Majesty of the Seas and the Norwegian Sky to the Bahamas and wish you well.

Regards,

Boardtalker.

Archived