AIr Canada E90 Info

hybrn8

Hi - Anyone flown one of these in economy? What can you tell us about space on board? Hate the 'baby' planes but they are taking over the skies tho' this one does seem a bit nicer and roomier. Thanks.....

I wouldn't say an Embraer 190 is a 'baby' plane by any means. It holds 93 passengers. The seat pitch at 33" and width at 18" is above average if you compare it to other airlines. They fly slightly slower than a Boeing or Airbus but you won't notice the difference.

You can read about it here http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fleet/embraer-190.html

I fly on average four Embraer 190s a week. They have been introduced as a replacement to the A319s, and AC currently flies 45 of them. IIRC they were introduced in 2005, and AC took their last delivery last year. Excellent aircraft once the rollout bugs were smoothed out.

Seating is 2+2, so no middle seats (!!), plus as of July 01st, ovens were installed (they were originally ordered with out) so you have full access to the buy-on-board menu with hot menu choices now. Originally these a/c were spec'd to fly short to medium haul pairings (eg under three hours). With capacity reductions, you will see them flying much longer pairings (eg SAN - YYC).

You don't mention when (or from where) you are flying, but the one weakness that this plane has is it does not like being parked in the cold! Lavs routinely freeze up. I guess a Brasilian manufacturer hasn't figured out an Edmonton winter yet, but it would seem by my observation that most of those overnighting issues have been worked out.

Any further questions, of course, ask away.

Scott.

Love the E90's - great plane. We'll actually go out of our way to take one over a 320 if we have the option.

Only complaint - flew YVR to LAX in April on an E90 and noticed, since there's only one lavatory (literally - one) onboard, the lineup can get pretty long. I let one poor kid go ahead of me who looked like he was about to burst!

And if you are flying in Business, note that there are NO ovens on board, so your meal will be a cold plate of some sort. Egads!

Not anymore, refer to my post above -- as of July 01, ovens have been installed on the E90s and E75s. Unfortunately, owing to the limitations of space, the ovens are only in the aft galley of the a/cs, which makes for some logistical roadblocks (literally) coordinating meal service for the J cabin, with Y cabin beverage / buy on board service. Personally, I prefer the Embraer cold plate over this month's tilapia selection anyday! A welcome addition nonetheless as these planes are flying longer and longer pairings.

Scott.

A welcome addition nonetheless as these planes are flying longer and longer pairings.

Scott.

Including the recently added YXU-YYC. I see the plane parked at YXU everynight now. My friends went to Seattle from Toronto for their Alaska cruise last summer and it was either a 195 or 175. They loved the 2x2 seating and the little bit of extra legroom for the long flight.

Great mid sized AC. If you visit the Air Canada web site you will see that the economy class seats are actually a tad wider than on the A 320 series of aircraft. Not a huge difference but far better than any of the CRJ series of "flying ski doos"

Archived