29 day cruise and not charging for 2X for singles?

Wow, I feel special to be able to give you the tiniest bit of information; you are usually the one giving out info here :)

Most sailings sell at 200% for solo cruisers but sometimes they will lower that supplement (especially if the cruise isn’t selling well or if they have lots of 3rd and 4th guests in the same cabin).

I even got a cruise already at a great price (6-nights out of NYC for 299$+67$Tx) with 0% supplement, but it was last minute (2-3 weeks prior to sailing if I remember well). Those are extremely rare.

Your best bet is to keep checking that cruise every day and see if the supplement gets lower. Another option is to find someone to travel with (there are even website that allow to seek a cruise companion but we cannot do so here on CC).

By the way, GREAT itinerary!

Good luck!

As posted normally not far in advance. NCL has offer 100% single fares as a not well published promotions. The problem that arises is abuse with passengers booking 2 cabins for the same price as booking a single cabin for 2. :mad: The Gem TA offered that and I got an Aft facing BA for $529. There was one couple that booked 2 AB penthouses:mad:

I think the Jewel repo last fall offered the 100% single. I also grabbed the same deal on the Sun in October a few years ago.

You just have to keep checking the booking engine. Only once did the single special show up on the deals web page.

Hey everyone,

Anyone have experience out there with NCL not charging 200% for single passengers on 29 day cruises? I was on a 19 day cruise once and they didn't charge but I cant remember how far in advance that was.

Thanks

unless they are running a special I think they charge 2 times regardless. Maybe someone else knows something different.

Nita

NCL is one of the stingiest lines when it comes to reducing single supplements. The spring and fall repo sailings are good targets for eventually having reduced or zero supplements, but this fall not looking great.

Right now, out of all the sailings on the books through 2011, there are only a handful of reduced supplements. Most are on Canada/New England sailings this fall on specific dates for the Jewel, Majesty and Spirit, and several on the Sky's 3-night Bahamas.

What everyone has said so far is accurate.

My TA this Sept is currently offering 200% for singles...and the cruise is quite full.

When I booked it (Dec) they were offering a single for a little over 130%...so I grabbed it.

The current price for a single is about 4.3 times what I paid for the same cabin.

My best advice it to find a really good PCC to work with. The PCCs receive a spreadsheet each week which lists the single supplement amount for all NCL cruises...a good PCC can notify you when they are having a special.

You just have to be flexible with your travel plans.

BTW, James....you indicated a few months back that you might be on the Jewel's TA in Sept...is that still a possibility?

Archived