Seafood buffet departure day

Murphy26

We were on the Crown two years ago and there was an amazing seafood buffet the day we left port. We are on the Crown again in November and was wondering if they still do the seafood buffet? :p

They still did last December - remember to bring crackers for the crab legs!

Janette

It was in the Horizon Court this past April. There was shrimp, scallops, lobster claws, & sections of crab legs. Everything was cold, and quite tasty; I was considering going back through the line for seconds, but I didn't want everyone to see what a pig I really was; well not on the first day anyway.

I was on the Crown Princess last November and they had it, but it wasn't like pictures I'd seen from other people's cruises. It was cold, of course, and they had lobster claws, shrimp and crab pieces. The crab was mostly small pieces and knuckles. They didn't have equipment to crack the claws open, so I might try to remember to bring something to crack them. As I said, I'd seen some amazing pictures and my cruise didn't have that. It seemed like they were serving up the leftover pieces from the previous cruise. LOL. Maybe it depends on what's leftover! I'll probably check it out this year again, though.

Does anyone remember if the Golden to Alaska had it?

I have read different answers here. I hope they will have it for our cruise.

Any chance this is offered on the Sapphire (Alaska). We are leaving in 10 days, and I love seafood - is there a good selection on the regular evening buffet? If so, what are the options?

It is hit and miss on the 4 ships that had it.

Crown

Ruby

Caribbean

Emerald

Only these 4 ships.

Of the 17 or so Princess Ship Fleet.

If your ship and trip doesn';t have it.. well suggest it. Ask and query your Travel Agent/Agency too.

But most of all if you do have it..DO NOT FORGET your CLAW Crackers... and/or a tool to crack and get that sweet seafood meat...

As people know so well in Virginia and maryland it is a lot of work to get the Meat Out.. but oo oh so worth it!:cool:

Pssst...

On Departure Day as the O P says..

Now its back in one way to what it was.. They have Real Dining Service for Lunch that day in one of the Dining Halls aboard each ship . Usually only 90 minutes..so make sure you board and get there asap.:D

Does anyone remember if the Golden to Alaska had it?

I have read different answers here. I hope they will have it for our cruise.

Sorry not on the Golden.

Seafood extravaganza is on the Crown, Caribbean, Ruby, and Emerald

Sorry it wasn't on the Golden to Alaska when we were on her in May.

However it should be noted that it can be on other ships. We were on the Grand for 14 days twice b2b and it was on each sailing but not on the first day but around day 10. We asked and they told us when it would be and it was similar to what we had on the emerald the year prior.

So far have only seen it in the Caribbean. Did not see on Mexican or alaska or coastals.

If seafood buffet is served on departure day, is this advertised somewhere on the ship to confirm? Also, if a seafood buffet is served at Horizon Court, what is served in the regular dining rooms that same night? I always dine in the dining room, but I love seafood. Thank you.

If seafood buffet is served on departure day, is this advertised somewhere on the ship to confirm? Also, if a seafood buffet is served at Horizon Court, what is served in the regular dining rooms that same night? I always dine in the dining room, but I love seafood. Thank you.

Yes in the Patter. :)

You will not find the seafood in the dining room that night.

Archived