Directions from La Guardia Airport to Brooklyn Pier

Sunmist

I'm leaving on the CB this Friday and we are flying into La Guardia Airport. I was wondering if anyone knew the directions to get from La Guardia Airport to the Brooklyn Pier. I want to make sure we take the quickest route possible.

Thanks for your help!

We stayed midtown a couple of weeks ago and used these directions:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=19185778&postcount=2

to get to the Redhook terminal.

I'm glad I printed them off and had them with me because the cabbie had never been to the terminal before.

Yeah, that's the exact reason I'm asking...I'm scared I'll be stuck with a cab driver that doesn't know how to get there. Thank you!

Start address: Laguardia Airport

End address: Brooklyn Cruise Terminal Red Hook Terminal Pier #12<br>70

Imlay Street Brooklyn, NY 11231

Start at: Laguardia Airport

1. Head west on Terminal B toward La Guardia Rd - 0.2 mi

2. Slight left at La Guardia Rd - 0.1 mi

3. Slight right onto the ramp to Grand Central Pkwy W - 0.3 mi

4. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Grand Central Pkwy W and merge

onto Grand Central Pkwy W - 0.8 mi

5. Take exit 4 for Bklyn Qns Expy toward I-278/Staten Island - 0.3 mi

6. Merge onto E Brooklyn Queens Expy - 9.4 mi

7. Take exit 27 toward Atlantic Ave - 0.2 mi

8. Turn left at Columbia St - 0.3 mi

9. Turn right at Degraw St - 0.1 mi

10. Degraw St turns left and becomes Van Brunt St - 0.2 mi

11. Turn right at Summit St - 430 ft

12. Summit St turns left and becomes Commercial Wharf Destination will be

on the left - 0.1 mi

You definitely want the written directions to use if the driver does not know how to get there.

We once took a cab from the nearest subway stop to the terminal, less than a mile away, and the driver had no concept of how to get there. Luckily I had a steet map with me and was able to give him directions.

We stayed midtown a couple of weeks ago and used these directions:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=19185778&postcount=2

to get to the Redhook terminal.

I'm glad I printed them off and had them with me because the cabbie had never been to the terminal before.

These are the directions from the east side of Manhattan- don't use them from LGA they will cost you much more. The directions are very simple(although the person above did post the mapquest turn by turn directions).

The directions are

Take the BQE towards Brooklyn and get off at the Atlantic Avenue exit,

make the left at the light at the end of the exit(its columbia street but that doesn't matter)

Make the first right(its at the second light-right turn on red permitted)

follow that around to Bowne Street and make a right into the terminal.

without traffic 20 minutes with traffic its more....

I'm leaving on the CB this Friday and we are flying into La Guardia Airport. I was wondering if anyone knew the directions to get from La Guardia Airport to the Brooklyn Pier. I want to make sure we take the quickest route possible.

Thanks for your help!

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1pn=lga&2c=Brooklyn&2s=NY&2a=70+Imlay+St&2z=11231

http://www.brooklyncruiseguide.com/cruise-terminal.html

these directions are extremely poor. They take you both the long way and into traffic. As an example, the BQE east bound is no where near Kennedy airport so the directions from there make no sense at all. Also when coming down the BQE it likewise makes no sense to get off at Hamilton Avenue make two left turns , in this highly trafficked area when you can get off at Atlantic avenue and go without traffic in a shorter route.

these directions are extremely poor. They take you both the long way and into traffic. As an example, the BQE east bound is no where near Kennedy airport so the directions from there make no sense at all. Also when coming down the BQE it likewise makes no sense to get off at Hamilton Avenue make two left turns , in this highly trafficked area when you can get off at Atlantic avenue and go without traffic in a shorter route.

Apparently you didn't notice the mapquest link. The Port guide does have useful information for a first timer.

Heck, it might even include something you didn't know.

Apparently you didn't notice the mapquest link. The Port guide does have useful information for a first timer.

Heck, it might even include something you didn't know.

I noticed. I left off the mapquest directions because they are fine. My comments were only on the directions on the brooklyn cruise directions which you linked directly to. I wanted to make sure people didn't use them...ok?..

IMO its not a good site with good information. its stale and given the directions are so bad I would stay away from it.(the internal link to the Brooklyn tourist site run by the Boro President of brooklyn is fine)

La Guardia Airport (LGA) by taxi or car (12 miles)

Fare: ~ $30+Tip

Join the westbound Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (I-278) for about 12 miles past the Brooklyn Bridge to Exit 26 - Hamilton Avenue. Follow signs to the ‘Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.’ After exit, continue along westbound Hamilton Avenue service road to its end at Van Brunt Street. Turn left at Van Brunt Street, travel two blocks and then turn right onto Bowne Street leading to the cruise terminal’s drive. The cruise terminal approach road follows Atlantic Basin then turns right to the set down area.

sunmist: print out the directions from laguardia to brooklyn pier and you'll have them for the cabbie should he not be familiar. this happened to me two years ago and i just handed the cabbie the directions and he had no further problems.

Start address: Laguardia Airport

End address: Brooklyn Cruise Terminal Red Hook Terminal Pier #12<br>70

Imlay Street Brooklyn, NY 11231

Start at: Laguardia Airport

1. Head west on Terminal B toward La Guardia Rd - 0.2 mi

2. Slight left at La Guardia Rd - 0.1 mi

3. Slight right onto the ramp to Grand Central Pkwy W - 0.3 mi

4. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Grand Central Pkwy W and merge

onto Grand Central Pkwy W - 0.8 mi

5. Take exit 4 for Bklyn Qns Expy toward I-278/Staten Island - 0.3 mi

6. Merge onto E Brooklyn Queens Expy - 9.4 mi

7. Take exit 27 toward Atlantic Ave - 0.2 mi

8. Turn left at Columbia St - 0.3 mi

9. Turn right at Degraw St - 0.1 mi

10. Degraw St turns left and becomes Van Brunt St - 0.2 mi

11. Turn right at Summit St - 430 ft

12. Summit St turns left and becomes Commercial Wharf Destination will be

on the left - 0.1 mi

These are the directions from the east side of Manhattan- don't use them from LGA they will cost you much more. The directions are very simple(although the person above did post the mapquest turn by turn directions).

The directions are

Take the BQE towards Brooklyn and get off at the Atlantic Avenue exit,

make the left at the light at the end of the exit(its columbia street but that doesn't matter)

Make the first right(its at the second light-right turn on red permitted)

follow that around to Bowne Street and make a right into the terminal.

without traffic 20 minutes with traffic its more....

above are perfect directions for a nyc cab--no need to make it more complicated or they may take advantage of you :)

definitely say "take the BQE to Atlantic Ave" and not "Brooklyn Queens Expressway"-just say it's one exit past the brooklyn bridge very easy :)

above are perfect directions for a nyc cab--no need to make it more complicated or they may take advantage of you :)

definitely say "take the BQE to Atlantic Ave" and not "Brooklyn Queens Expressway"-just say it's one exit past the brooklyn bridge very easy :)

thank you

PS If you don't know it I have driven a cab....

Archived