Capt. Marvin or Capt Bryan?

balanceok

Jwlane, We are bringing our 5 y/o, did you have trouble finding a good fitting mask for your 3 1/2 y/o at Capt Bryans? We dont own snorkel equipment, but I would try to bring her own if I knew whether or not I needed to. We also have a 13y/o and 9y/o. I just dont want to get there and end up not having tight masks for the kids, thats no fun.

"Boat" as used here generally refers to a single-hull vessel - typically, a motorboat. A "catamaran" has twin hulls and a "trimaran" has a hull with outriding pontoons; the latter two generally are sailboats with supplemental motor propulsion (although there are motorboats that have catamaran-style hulls). The "ideal" mode of transport really depends on your personal preference. DH and I usually motor in a single-hull vessel (we own a 25' inboard Lyman motorboat), but had the opportunity to sail a trimaran in Lake Erie - it was great! We've booked a catamaran in Grand Cayman for our Stingray City excursion.

For Tluvstotalk-

If you are on a big ship (2000 or more passengers), you may be cutting that time close if you dock at 7 - it is very possible that by the time they get the ship's tour people off, and then you guys get off, it may be cutting it close for 8:45. You could try to talk to the shore ex people the night before as someone else suggested to try and get off with the ship's tours. Also, if you dock at the south terminal, which is a long block from the north terminal, it is NOT a 5 min walk - it is a 10 min mad dash. Try and make sure your whole party gets off together as well. (this is the vpoice of experience of a missed tour with Capt Bryan's talking!)

For Pamelajs -

We were on two back to back RCI cruises (Grandeur of the Seas) in Dec., both of the cruises went to the Caymans, but we were in a van with some other people in Costa Maya from the Enchantment of the Seas, and their Cayman Island had been taken off the itinerary two weeks prior - they did not end up going. My only thoughts on that one is that our Captain mentioned that not all ships were allowed back in as yet, as they were not up to full capacity on the infastructure yet; maybe then the smaller RCI ships were allowed to go in, but the not the bigger ones - I'm not sure?.

Or did you mean docking instead of tendering? If so I wouldn't think that any cruise ship could dock on that dock - it's way too small! I believe the Caymans has always been a tendered port, but someone may know more than I on this.

Jwlane, We are bringing our 5 y/o, did you have trouble finding a good fitting mask for your 3 1/2 y/o at Capt Bryans? We dont own snorkel equipment, but I would try to bring her own if I knew whether or not I needed to. We also have a 13y/o and 9y/o. I just dont want to get there and end up not having tight masks for the kids, thats no fun.

However, this was the first time our son had worn one, so it was rally a waste of time even trying to get it to work. This is something that should be tried before the trip in the tub or a pool.

Personally, when it comes to the mask, I always take my own.

We just took Capt, Bryans last week. We motored out and sailed back. It took us about 30 minutes, but it was very enjoyable. We were on the Mariner and the tenders started late so we did not arrive there when we were supposed to. We were supposed to be at C. Bryans at 8:45 for a 9:30 sail and we didnt get to C. Bryans until almost 9:30. It wasnt a problem. They were waiting for us. There were some others already on the catamaran waiting for the rest of us to arrive. Some of the boats at the sand bar and sting ray city had 50-70 people on them and they had only enough room to stand. We all laid around during the trip out there. Very nice.

Kely53-

You were really lucky as we arrived only 1/2 hr after the meet time and they were gone, gone gone! We (party of 6) were supposed to be there for 12:15 local time (11:15 ship time), we arrived at 12:45 for a 1:00 sail and even though the lady there called the captain, they said no, they couldn't wait for us out at the marina. We were willing to take a cab, but they said no. Oh well, out dockside tour turned out OK though!

Teri-

We were NOT refunded the 20%. I did ask as it was a tender problem, but the lady there said no, and I can understand that - just thought I would ask anyways! 20% only ended up to be 7.00 per person.

Lynda

Lynda S So sorry that things didnt work out for you. We were a party of 15 plus there was another family of 4 that arrived at the same time, from the same tender. Perhaps because there were 19 of us, they were waiting for us. They had already taken one group to our boat. We were on the second tender and I think they took into consideration that we had just docked. I have to admit that I was very concerned that we would be late. Trying to get 15 people organized to get off the ship together was a bit stressful. I am glad were able to make the best of an unfortunate situation.

Archived