how old for kids own cabin

oakleys

Yes, mine have had their own cabin and were younger than that. They just have to be in the proximity of your cabin. They prefer next door but two or three cabins between you will work too.

We booked two cabins for our family for our cruise in 17 days. My wife and I have a balcony room and our boys (18,13,10) have and interior room directly across the hall. Carnival let us book the rooms with the boys all in their own room.

My kids were 16, 15 and 11 when we took them on a cruise. They had their own cabin, we had our own cabin and I had no problems booking separate cabins. The kids had an inside right across from our oceanview. Worked great all around and never had any problems with the kids. Although, they were a little upset because they didn't get a window...

18 is considered an adult except you cannot book and go alone. You have to have someone who is 25 or older. You can book them in their own room, as long as they are close by. The price will be the same whether it is an adult and child or two children. The only time you get a price break is when you have 3rd and 4th passengers

Candi

I have this same situation. My boys are 18, 15, and 12. They cannot book their own cabin unless they are next door or directly across the hall from you. We booked a balcony with the boys directly across the hall - no problem. Last cruise we book an OV and the boys were across the hall and down two and we have to book one adult in each room.

The age for their own room is, I believe, 21.

18 should class as adult?

Not as far as the cruise lines are concerned. There has to be someone over 21 'booked into' that room on the resi. When you get onboard you can swich, no problem.

(this is what we had to do with our cruise next march)

I have this same situation. My boys are 18, 15, and 12. They cannot book their own cabin unless they are next door or directly across the hall from you. We booked a balcony with the boys directly across the hall - no problem. Last cruise we book an OV and the boys were across the hall and down two and we have to book one adult in each room.

The age for their own room is, I believe, 21.

Yes, this is correct, now that I think about it, we had to (on paper) put someone over 21 in the cabin, because our March cruise is a group, therefore all the cabins are 'gty' so could be anywhere on the ship, then swich when we get onboard (the 'kids' will be 20 but still could not book into their own cabin)

How old do you have to be to travel alone?spacer.gifGuests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Married minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple is married. The couple must have proof of marriage at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple are legal Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union. The couple must have legal proof of partnership/union at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation.

The Group policy is slightly different because of stricter group terms and conditions including mandatory chaperones, damage deposits and other considerations.

This policy has always applied when I have cruised with my kids. Cruising in Sept with my 21 yo daughter and her 20 yo boyfriend. I had to book myself with her and DH with him, and will be switching as soon as we can once aboard.

A lot of confusing info here but the bottom line is if your kids are in their teens, they need to be booked in an adjacent cabin or one directly across the hall, period. You can alter this rule by booking one kid and one adult in each cabin then change around once you're on the ship.

I know as I've done this with 4 kids ages 17 - 23 in the past.

OP If the children are your own children they can be booked in another cabin alone if they are across from you or side/side. If say one is your child and one is a friend of your child then an adult would need to be booked to satisfy the requirements of Carnival and then the switch can be made once on board :) My children are booked together/have their own reservation and are both under 25, it wasn't a problem. Happy cruising :)

I am guessing my kids can have their own cabin next year as they will be 18 & 16. Is that ok with carnival?

As long as they are your own children (not friends of your kids) they can be in a room directly next to yours or directly across the hall:)... the res agent will just have to document the bookings. Fortunately, at their ages, you will not have to worry about booking them in a balcony cabin of their own... if either of them was under 14, then an adult would HAVE to be booked in their room.

We have adjoining rooms, the kids 14 and 13 are booked in one room, no problem with Carnival as of yet.

If the cabins are adjoining, it is allowed.

We have booked our adult children 19 & 20 in the cabin across the hall, no probems until final payment when Carnival caught it and called to let us know we had to book 1 adult in the cabin. This also happened to the other people we were traveling with & their adult children. So....it all depends on the booking agent or how Closely someone looks at the booking it's self.

Yes, some will get away with it & some won't.

I do not think so, I could be wrong but here is what I suggest. put an adult in the kids cabin and then when you get on the ship just put them in their cabin and you in yours.:)

Why do you no think so? This is fine with carnival. If the parents are traveling, their own children can be in a cabin either adjoining or across the hall. No reason to play games. (Notice it has to be their own children, not children's friends.)

Will it still work out to the same price with say 1 adult 1 child in each?

Yes but as long as they are your children it doesn't matter. You can put them in their own room, as long as it is near yours. (Carnival will graciously book it that way for you without any issues or questions being asked other than are they all your children.)

1) Guests under the age of 21 must travel with their parent, grandparent or a court-appointed legal guardian in either:

* The same stateroom, or

* Staterooms side-by-side, or

* Staterooms directly facing each other across the hall.

* Important Note: In order for the staterooms to be side-by-side or directly across the hall, staterooms booked on a TBA basis will not be permitted.

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/bookingprocedure.html

This should answer all the questions.

When I booked last month with Carnival direct,

Tried for me and hubby in balcony with 19 and 12 year olds across the hall.

Carnival said NOPE. So, on paper I am across the hall with the 19 year old.

Same thing happened with HAL last Xmas, but we just switched and in person and it was no big deal.

Archived