Robes in cabin? Are you buying used?

YFancyface

Forgive me if this is a true "newbie" question... But are robes still available in the cabins to use for the week? We have an ocean view room... not sure if that makes a difference. Now lets just say you want to purchase them? Do they give you new ones or are you purchasing the "washed and previously used" ones that were already in your cabin? :confused:

If you have one, do they wear well? Do you think it was worth your purchase?

Forgive me if this is a true "newbie" question... But are robes still available in the cabins to use for the week? We have an ocean view room... not sure if that makes a difference. Now lets just say you want to purchase them? Do they give you new ones or are you purchasing the "washed and previously used" ones that were already in your cabin? :confused:

Yes they do have them in the cabin.I would hope when you purchase one it would be new. :eek::) I have not purchased one but did wear the one they offered. I found them to be a bit bulky myself.

The robes in your cabin are not new, they are washed between passengers, might evben be replaced like towels if they are seen to be soiled. If you want to purchase one, I think you get it from the gift shop or other shop on board. EM

We purchased robes a couple of years back, there was a form included with the capers one day, you just filled it out and left it for your room steward. On the last day, our room steward left us two new robes (packaged in plastic, definately felt and smelled new). Still use mine during our chilly Florida winters :p, though my DH feels it is too heavy and never really used it.

I purchased robes a few years ago through Carnival's the on-line gift shop. The new robes were packaged and waiting on the bed when we arrived on the ship. If you wish to purchase one while on-board you would receive a new one.

I don't wear the robe a whole lot but it is very soft and comfortable.

Hope this helps.

Actually the robes are rather nice to wear if there clean.

On a few ships they were quite degrading.

Gum ,gray spots ,torn and literally in threads.

The Steward will of course replace them , but why hang um up if there that bad :confused:.

I hope you like your robe big...

When we first starting sailing Carnival the robes were huge on me, but in the last couple of years they've gotten new ones that are even bigger!

When I'm wearing one, it doesn't just touch the floor, it MOPS the floor!

There are two sets of belt loops to adjust for different sizes, but the highest belt loops fall in the middle of my thighs.

"One size fits all" isn't exactly true.:eek:

I am not sure about Carnival but on Royal Caribbean people in Grand Suites and above are the only ones who have robes waiting for them in their cabin.

And no, when you purchase robes they are not used but new. We love the ones we purchased two years ago. After countless washings that have held up great.

I bought a brand new heavy-weight Princess robe several years ago and a light-weight Celebrity robe a few years after that. I am a robe person and use these almost daily at home, depending on the temp. and the season.

I'll wait until one of these gives out before I buy another!

By the way, they were both brand new (not the ones that we had been using in our cabin)

I am not sure about Carnival but on Royal Caribbean people in Grand Suites and above are the only ones who have robes waiting for them in their cabin.

And no, when you purchase robes they are not used but new. We love the ones we purchased two years ago. After countless washings that have held up great.

Carnival has robes waiting for you. I have only done inside and oceanview, and have had them in the closet.

Carnival has robes waiting for you. I have only done inside and oceanview, and have had them in the closet.

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. I have 2 Carnival cruises coming up next year so I have something to look forward to.....:p beside the cruise that is...

somehow the thought of cuddling up in a robe worn by multiple people does not sound appealing to me.

Me either.......especially since someone posted on here they found a used tissue in the rolled up sleeve........:eek: Evidently the only one they forgot to wash:rolleyes:

Archived