Stateroom Wardrobes - Clothes Hangers

dual

Evening all

I was just wondering whether the stateroom wardrobes on LOS had a sufficient amount of clothes hangers in them or will I need to bring a few along with me for my tops and frocks!

Many thanks

Evening all

I was just wondering whether the stateroom wardrobes on LOS had a sufficient amount of clothes hangers in them or will I need to bring a few along with me for my tops and frocks!

Many thanks

We have always had enough hangers so we have never had to ask for more. Everyone says if you ask they will bring more.

Don't waste the space hauling your own.

Evening all

Many thanks

If by chance you do not have enough hangers, just ask for more. Don't dare waste that precious space hauling hangers.;)

I always stick a few hangers in the outside pocket of my suitcase because when I am unpacking I don't want to hunt down the steward to get me more and then wait while he scurries them up. Half the time, you can't find them because they are so busy. Since I never have put anything else in the outside pocket, it doesn't take up suitcase room. Sometimes I need them, sometimes I don't but most of the time do.

Tucker in Texas

I always stick a few hangers in the outside pocket of my suitcase because when I am unpacking I don't want to hunt down the steward to get me more and then wait while he scurries them up. Half the time, you can't find them because they are so busy. Since I never have put anything else in the outside pocket, it doesn't take up suitcase room. Sometimes I need them, sometimes I don't but most of the time do.

Tucker in Texas

Yep, me too, I throw a bunch of wire hangers from the dry cleaners that I would normally throw out into an outside suitcase pocket. VERY little weight, no trouble at all, and I just leave them there after the cruise...we get TONS of those suckers from the cleaners. :)

I like hanging stuff so the wrinkles fall out, even casual stuff, and there are NEVER enough hangers in the stateroom when traveling with the family. I know I can ask the stateroom attendant for more, but honestly, it's easier to throw the wire hangers in the outside pocket so I have them when I need them.

Evening all

Many thanks

There are plenty and you can ask for more if you like. I usually have more than enough because my tees and shorts are folded and slide onto shelves. My dress and smart casual clothes are the only thing that get hung which allows plenty of hangers for my guest's dresses and things.

Try not to tear up the Liberty before I get there! :p

From what I remember there had to be 15-20 hangers in there, which should be plenty for 2 people for a week. If you have more than 20 articles of clothing that need to be hung up...you overpacked! Try doubling up on the hangers, put a whole outfit (shirt/pants) on each one..

Plus there were shelves in there to place folded clothes...the drawers were ridiculously small for even shorts!

If you have more than 20 articles of clothing that need to be hung up...you overpacked! Try doubling up on the hangers, put a whole outfit (shirt/pants) on each one..QUOTE]

I resemble that comment!!! :D

I have never, ever had enough hangers. I have also been on cruises where they could not provide me with extras. One my very first cruise I started doing the following with no extra wrinkling to my or DH's clothing:

I hang multiple garments of the same kind (tops, bottoms, tees, lightweight fabrics) on one hanger. The heaviest fabric goes on the "inside", and the lightest on the "outside". Collared tops are put front-to-back alternately. To get them off, you just pick what you want from the bottom by flipping through them, reach up, unbutton, and slip it off.

Fancy clothes are on their own single hanger.

If I want to wear it again (in the Caribbean this is not often an option!), I put all the worn garments on a new hanger. Keeps the fresh ones fresh, so to speak.

DH wears knit shorts ALL the time (he calls it his uniform of the day, with a collared polo shirt being his "dress" uniform). We put the shorts in a drawer.

This has worked for 30-odd years for me, so I can continue to work on my overpacking addiction.......:D:D

So for you experienced cruisers - if my clothes are creased - is it true if yo turn on the shower and hang your clothes in the bathroom and shut the door the creases will drop out?

Im mostly concerned about my evening outfits - dresses and stuff

Im a bit peeved I cant bring an iron but rules are rules and im not out to break any on my first cruise - dont fancy visiting the naughty room!

So for you experienced cruisers - if my clothes are creased - is it true if yo turn on the shower and hang your clothes in the bathroom and shut the door the creases will drop out?

Im a bit peeved I cant bring an iron but rules are rules and im not out to break any on my first cruise - dont fancy visiting the naughty room!

Sorry I can´t offer any personal experience with this method.

When my suit gets wrinkled in the suitcase and yes it usually does;) simply hangig it into the closet will do a great job already with getting wrinkles out again.

But then I also have to admit that since I discovered the really low cost on dry cleaning onboard I don´t worry about wrinkles on my formal stuff anymore. I used to bring my stuff to the dry cleaner before the cruise. Now I just tkae it as it is and get it cleaned first night onboard. Much cheaper than at home and no worries about wrinkling during the flight.;)

Yes, the lightweight fabrics for women's dressy clothes usually "de-wrinkle" well with steam. If you cannot get them out with just hanging them in the bathroom with the shower on, and the fabric won't water stain, I sometimes wet my clean hands and run them over the wrinkled area, smoothing it out. Then, back to the shower!:D

Prices for pressing service are pretty cheap, and it's a one time thing on a cruise.

The only time I used the pressing service for my husband's suit, they did not deliver it back until AFTER we had gone to dinner for formal night. I asked the steward where it was prior to dressing and he said it "hadn't come back yet." It was delivered while we were at dinner. Fortunately husband had a blazer and dress slacks with him so he didn't look like a total loss at dinner.

I rely on the steam in the bathroom or Downy wrinkle release now.

Tucker in Texas

Usually if you get your stuff to the room steward for pressing the FIRST evening, making sure he/she knows you need it back before 6:00 the next night (often formal night) it's not a problem. Never has been, in our experience. My husband has used this service many times on ships and it works out great. I've done it a couple of times myself for dresses.

Now I rarely bother, stuff does fall out in the closet once you hang it (hence the reason I hang EVERYTHING, and need those extra hangers) ;) and I just don't worry about a minor wrinkle or two. If it looks REALLY bad I'll send it out for pressing the first night, but that's pretty unusual.

Archived