QE2 chocolates

jax

A delicious tradition of the QE2 dining rooms, a decade ago , was the gourmet chocolates served after the evening meals. Does this tradition continue on Cunard? I believe they were English chocolates and they were uniquely divine.

A delicious tradition of the QE2 dining rooms, a decade ago , was the gourmet chocolates served after the evening meals. Does this tradition continue on Cunard? I believe they were English chocolates and they were uniquely divine.

They did not have them on QV last year.:( They did have them Last September on QE2 & were as good as ever. :)But she is gone, perhaps the chocolates are gone too.

They had them on QM2 in April; way too tempting even after dessert!

Not the same though. :mad:

And you didn't get as many, nor did you get extras of your favourites.

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

No, this tradition doesn't b*****y continue. I was really looking forward to them on my recent QM2 voyage and complained constantly to our waiter. By mid voyage a couple of my dining companions actually bought me some in Boston. This shamed the waiter so much he then "discovered" some and our table got them on about four nights.

They do serve some sickly, chocolatey "truffle" on formal nights, but it hasn't got the proper choclate coating and alcoholic centre of the originals. If you really want them - take your own! I believe someone told me they were made by Lindt.

Hi,

These were great. On one of my crossings on the QE2, a lady at my table brought a Ziploc bag to dinner each night. After the tray was passed around the table and everyone had their fill, she would dump the remaining chocolates into the bag and take them with her. She said that she froze them when she got home and enjoyed them for months (she was on the ship for several consecutive voyages). I sure have met some interesting people. :)

Chuck

Hi,

These were great. On one of my crossings on the QE2, a lady at my table brought a Ziploc bag to dinner each night. After the tray was passed around the table and everyone had their fill, she would dump the remaining chocolates into the bag and take them with her. She said that she froze them when she got home and enjoyed them for months (she was on the ship for several consecutive voyages). I sure have met some interesting people. :)

Chuck

No need to do that. When my dining room waiters realised how much I loved them, and that I could very often not manage one after the delicious dinner, they used to bring me several each night, carefully wrapped up in a napkin, for me to take to my cabin and keep in the fridge for those midnight munchies!

Hi,

On one of my crossings on the QE2, a lady at my table brought a Ziploc bag to dinner each night. After the tray was passed around the table and everyone had their fill, she would dump the remaining chocolates into the bag and take them with her.

Chuck

Great Scot!!Doggy bags on Cunard, and the sainted QE2 no less.

No need to do that. When my dining room waiters realised how much I loved them, and that I could very often not manage one after the delicious dinner, they used to bring me several each night, carefully wrapped up in a napkin, for me to take to my cabin and keep in the fridge for those midnight munchies!

Take outs from the dinner table!!

They'll be wrapping up breakfast rolls next, filling flasks to take on excursions and picking up fruit to take home. (As per a 'gentleman' from the ship who at the airport had two very odiferous gently browing bananas in his open rucksac. Soon it will be fish and chips in newspaper.

An Appalled Gari

For me the very best on QE2 was the crystalised ginger in the dishes outside the dining room. Never see them now. dumbing down, dumbing down.

David.

Fair do's, they offered the ginger with the truffly things after dinner.

Gari

They do have the crystalized ginger and will provide it if it is requested.

Didn't have to request it - it was always offered after every meal on QM2 last week.

For me the very best on QE2 was the crystalised ginger in the dishes outside the dining room. Never see them now. dumbing down, dumbing down.

David.

Not dumbing down!

It was a health hazzard with all those fingers deciding which peice was the right size. I used to like it too until I saw an elderly gentleman lick his fingers before choosing:eek:!

Archived