Princess kids programs....

Kids under 3 are welcome to use the kids facitlies and join in with activities that are on for the kids club. However, one parent must stay with them at all times. We took our 2 year old on our recent cruise and went to the kids club every day - she did everything that the 3 year olds were doing and the staff couldn't have been more welcoming!

Ceilidh1, we are cruising with our 2 year old in December and I would love to ask you some questions. We have just taken her on her first flight during a 4 day holiday and it was an absolute nightmare. I have sent you a friends request, so hopefully I can contact you.

I just hope she is ok on the 2 week cruise and doesnt run towards the barriers and jump overboard. She runs all over the place and its hard to keep up with her.

I know princess has a program for kids but my next cruise will be the first time i use it.. Can anyone comment on the program for a 1&1/2 year old?

Sorry, but Princess has no type of childrens program, or even babysitting (private nor group) for a 1 1/2 year old. As stated, they must be minimum of 3 years old and be completely potty trained before they can be left at the kids club without their parents staying with them.

Ceilidh1, we are cruising with our 2 year old in December and I would love to ask you some questions. We have just taken her on her first flight during a 4 day holiday and it was an absolute nightmare. I have sent you a friends request, so hopefully I can contact you.

I just hope she is ok on the 2 week cruise and doesnt run towards the barriers and jump overboard. She runs all over the place and its hard to keep up with her.

We took our girl on her first cruise at 2-1/2 years old. If she's just running around, she should be fine (with you following, of course). The walls are high enough that she won't be able to jump over them. If you're concerned, then keep her in her stroller. I would be more concerned about holding her near a banister.

On our last cruise, one mother was going down a gangway, holding her toddler, but also futzing with her ID, etc. She somehow dropped her kid over the gangway into the water. The child was saved. She should have placed her child into the stroller before leaving and have her other kids help her (there's a whole story about this family -- they were unbelievable anyway and caused a lot of problems). But if you're careful (and your husband isn't trying to show your child the water:eek:), you should be fine.

We turned down a free upgrade for a balcony on our first Princess cruise (when our girl was five) because we were concerned. The rep was assuring me on the phone that the barriers are high enough, but I can be a worry wort. But all things equal, I'm not concerned about the barriers otherwise.

I have accepted your friend request. Feel free to ask any/all questions. We cruised with my daughter at 14 months, 2 years, and we are about to go again in September when she will be 2 and a half. She will be elite by the time she turns 18!

She is extremely active - never stops running and climbing. However, rails and balconies were never an issue for us. We took a stroller for ports but never needed to use it onboard. We have used a "leash" for her ever since she began walking - simply because she IS so active and I always feared her darting out into the road. We used the leash everytime we walked around the outside of the ship. I think it was more security and peace of mind for me than anything else. We also have an Ergo backpack carrier which worked out really well - especially for getting on and off at ports where we were not taking the stroller. I agree with a previous poster that it is far more dangerous to carry your child (especially one who is wiggling and wanting to get down) up and down the gangway. As for the rails, they are pretty high on most ships and would be difficult for a child to climb over without you noticing! I worried about the gap beneath the bottom of the rail and the deck when she was smaller - figured she mght try to crawl through. She wouldn't fit now - too much buffet food. On the balcony, NEVER let your child out there alone, not even for a second. There are chairs and a table that provide perfect climbing frames - that's how they fall over the balcony!!!! We had no problems with the balcony door, as it was too heavy for her to open. However, she did figure out how to open the main cabin door, which was worrying. I wasn't concerned about her wandering off ino the hall, but the door is heavy and slams hard -would hate to see fingers caught in there.

Anyway, feel free to email/ask questions if you need to. Also, be sure to check out the family board. There is some great advice over there!

Archived