Chankanaab Park in Cozumel??????

cpacheco212121

Hi, I am going to cozumel in october and was wondering if anybody has ever been to this park. Sadly carnival sad sould out of this excursion so i am trying to find one on my own. Chankanaab Parky has beaches and the ruins all in the same place which is very convenient(spelling) for me. Has any one been here and can give me a yes or no on wither or not to go here.

We've been there - did the dolphin swim on one of our first cruises. It's a nice park and there is an area where you can swim on your own.

You're better off just taking a taxi there on your own - the excursions through the cruiselines are over priced. When we went, they just had us as a group and split us among a bunch of taxis anyhow.

Howard

We went last year and thought it was a nice place. Lots of fish if you snorkel. They also have a pool and restaurant. Chairs were free. We took a taxie from the pier. I can't remember what the cost was to get in, but you could check our their web site. Have fun

Was there last year and will be going back this year! Loved it! It is about a six mile taxi ride from the Langosta (sp) pier.

You have differnt options for entrance. You can rent snorkel gear or not. We brought our own so entry was 16 dollars.

Once you are in the park it is beautiful! and you do not have a ton of people trying to sell you stuff.

Drink prices range depending on the vendor. We found a little place that was selling beer for 2 bucks. The food is reasonable priced we ate very close to the dolphin encounter and watched them as we ate. Lunch was between 6-8 dollars pp.

They have a iguana path and lots to see and do. The snorkeling was Very good with statues sank in the water and saw everything from Stingrays, baracuda, fish, and even a eel! It was such a nice change from Tourist Trap Cozumel:)

Thanks guys for the replys...I am not really interested in the snorkeling or the dolphin swim as in i dont know how to swim ... I mainly want to soak up the sun and check out the ruins they have. Any one seen there ruins?????
I was just there in April 2009. I went on my own, and just took pictures. Why? Well, my excursion was canceled because of the weather (too windy) and since I've been there before, I decided to just go and take some pictures ...

Map of the island (this picture was taken at the park, so the arrow points to the park) ...

K1-IMG_1154.jpg

The cost to get there (and back) ...

K2-April.jpg

Near the enterance ...

K3-IMG_1100.jpg

One of the pools ...

K4-PoolI.jpg

K5-PoolII.jpg

K6-PoolIII.jpg

More of Chankanaab Park ...

The parking lot, as seen from the park ...

K10-IMG_1103.jpg

The kids play area (next to the lagoon) ...

M2-IMG_1234.jpg

Some new friends I made ('cause I gave them something to eat) ...

M3-IMG_1173.jpg

M4-IMG_1180.jpg

M5-IMG_1187.jpg

M6-IMG_1191.jpg

Cuizer2, the pictures you posted were beautiful!!!! We took a cab to the park in 2004 and LOVED it!!! We will return again in November of this year and I want to go back with the group we are cruising with. It is a fantastic place to spend an entire day. Had the best time there and cab ride there and back was no problem. The pictures just reassured my decision to return this year to the park. Thank You!

Cruizer2 - Thanks so much for the pics!!!!! We are planning on going there during our stop in Cozumel. We (ok I) really wanted to snorkle so your pics just cemented my decision! The pool looks AWESOME too!

Thanks again! ;)

Kim

The photos are great. We went there years ago and loved it. The new upgrades since the hurricane look great. Those pools look fabulous and make me want to go there just for the pool! Are they freshwater or saltwater?

What about restaurants? Do they take credit cards? Are there still lockers available for rent (not in the dolphin area)?

Thanks!

The photos are great. We went there years ago and loved it. The new upgrades since the hurricane look great. Those pools look fabulous and make me want to go there just for the pool! Are they freshwater or saltwater?

What about restaurants? Do they take credit cards? Are there still lockers available for rent (not in the dolphin area)?

Thanks!

I didn't go in the pool, so I don't know if it is fresh or salt water. The fish food I got was free (I gave the guy $1.00 or $2.00 anyway). So I don't know if they take credit cards. There are lockers, and not just for the dolphin swim. I took pictures but have not uploaded the photos to the Internet. Since I'm at work, I can't do it now, but I'll provide some photos when I get home.

As I noted earlier, the reason I went is because my own excursion was canceled do to the weather. Since I have been there before, I was only interested in taking some photographs.

Thanks!

Here are the lockers - available to everyone ...

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to post these!! We are debating between Paradise Beach (so-so snorkeling, but good food and toys), vs. Chankanaab Park with GREAT snorkeling. I think it comes down to what we want to do in the end...

Archived