Chankanaab Park in Cozumel??????

cpacheco212121

Just to ask those who have swum with the dolphins before, but can you wear your glasses while you swim with them or is there a restriction?

I'll have a band on to make sure they don't fall off and all, but wanted to ask as this sounds like something both my wife and I should definitely do.

I am going to leave on 9/26 (tomorrow, yea!!!!) on my first cruise on the Carnival Holiday, and planned on visiting Chankanaab Park while in Cozumel.

Is anyone else here going to be on the same cruise and might want to share a taxi to the park?

I'll be in Stateroom M38; find me!

I am going to leave on 9/26 (tomorrow, yea!!!!) on my first cruise on the Carnival Holiday, and planned on visiting Chankanaab Park while in Cozumel.

Is anyone else here going to be on the same cruise and might want to share a taxi to the park?

I'll be in Stateroom M38; find me!

You should go to the roll call for your cruise and post your question.

Are beach massages offered at Chankanaab Park - anyone know?

Just got back -- I'll be posting pictures within the next few days.

Chankanaab does not have anyone doing massages. If that's what you're interested in, you can do this at your stop in Progreso, if you're going there. A number of people are set up on the beach.

Just got back -- I'll be posting pictures within the next few days.

Chankanaab does not have anyone doing massages. If that's what you're interested in, you can do this at your stop in Progreso, if you're going there. A number of people are set up on the beach.

Can't wait to see your pics.

I will be going in Oct. I have already booked the Dolphin Adventure for 1pm. How long does it take to get back to the ship? I'm just a bit worried because the adventure states that after the adveture we will get "free time w/ the dolphins" and I know that if the back of my mind, I will be worried about the time to catch a taxi and get back on the ship. Are there a lot of taxis outside of Chank at all times?

Can't wait to see your pics.

I will be going in Oct. I have already booked the Dolphin Adventure for 1pm. How long does it take to get back to the ship? I'm just a bit worried because the adventure states that after the adveture we will get "free time w/ the dolphins" and I know that if the back of my mind, I will be worried about the time to catch a taxi and get back on the ship. Are there a lot of taxis outside of Chank at all times?

I wasn't sure how the return taxi ride was going to work so I gave myself plenty of time to get back (we left the park at 230, boat sailed at 4).

I thought maybe the park would call the taxi co. out, but there were actually a lot of taxis waiting in the parking lot.

The ride there (and the ride back) took only about 5 minutes... the park is about 6 miles from the port.

The only people 'bothering' you at the park are the guys coming around asking you all the time if you want something to eat or drink.

During the cruise my girlfriend and I looked at the Carnival excursion prices and it would have been probably DOUBLE the cost for EACH of us to go to the park! Taxi was $10, admission was $14 each with the Chankanaab coupon online. We brought our own snorkel gear and saved money on the rental as well. Nice!

Ah too bad. We don't have a stop in Progreso either. Our stops are Key West, Belize and Cozumel. Oh well -- we'll just get one in Ft. Lauderdale before the cruise. We're coming in early anyway so it won't be a problem. In fact, I booked us all one at a spa near our hotel so we're good to go!

I wasn't sure how the return taxi ride was going to work so I gave myself plenty of time to get back (we left the park at 230, boat sailed at 4).

I thought maybe the park would call the taxi co. out, but there were actually a lot of taxis waiting in the parking lot.

The ride there (and the ride back) took only about 5 minutes... the park is about 6 miles from the port.

The only people 'bothering' you at the park are the guys coming around asking you all the time if you want something to eat or drink.

During the cruise my girlfriend and I looked at the Carnival excursion prices and it would have been probably DOUBLE the cost for EACH of us to go to the park! Taxi was $10, admission was $14 each with the Chankanaab coupon online. We brought our own snorkel gear and saved money on the rental as well. Nice!

Thanks for sharing the great info. I have a couple of questions. We visit Cozumel on the 16th. Could you use the pool? I have read only the people booking the dolphin experience can use the pool. Did you have to purchase drinks or food? Was there plenty to do for folks who don't snorkel? Thanks again for sharing.

How much is the dolphin swim? Would the best price be through the Chankanaab Park website? Also, do you ahve to pay entry fee even if you're just going to swim with the dolphins?

I went through Dolphin Discovery in September to book the Dolphin Adventure. They were running a 30% off special. So I'm not sure how much the regular price is off hand.

When you prebook any of the dolphin excursions, it does include admission.

Thank you so much for your posting/link.

I will be on Holiday next week :D

I have never done a galley tour. Is that something that was listed in the schedule as being available or did you inquire somehow?

Thanks again,

Heather

It was announced in the dining room the night before, and was held on the last sea day. It was also listed in the Capers for that day.

Being very into food (as my pictures reflect), I found it fascinating - definitely worth checking out!

I had written up, and then lost for some reason, a sort of review of our experience on the ship. It was my first time on any cruise, and we had a great time. There was one really odd feature of our ship that we couldnt help but notice the whole time --- as soon as we boarded in Mobile, we realized "something stinks!". It permeated the lobby. Later the smell seemed to dissapate; I figured it was coming off of the coal being removed from a cargo ship in the port. It smelled like sulphur and mildew. Eventually we pinpointed it - I believe the smell comes from Lido Deck! Maybe the old deck boards or something... Not trying to turn you off or bum you out about your trip... it was just very noticeable whenever we were up there.

Otherwise we had an awesome time, the staff was mostly nice (my girlfriend had an issue with the tall skinny guy running the sandwich station being a jerk to her), food was great (eat breakfast in the dining room at least once for the experience, and the nice menu items, but I came to believe that a 'fresher' breakfast could be had on Lido deck buffet -- dining room foods were sometimes cold, likd they'd been sitting waiting to be ordered), shows were fun, free drinks are now available at the Fun Farewell event -- get there ON TIME! We showed up late and they were winding down the drinks service.

I will def. be at Farewell party. I am so to hear that the Captains Cocktail party was canceled and the PastGuests party will not be offered on our 4 day cruise.

We were on another cruise line and experienced an unpleasant odor. We later decided that it was the trash. We had asked the employees and they all acted like they didn't smell anything!

Did you eat or drink at Chank.? We were in Cozumel in Feb. and ate and drank at a restaurant right outside the pier and I got sick...so I was thinking about skipping food and drink this time around. We have already booked the Dolphin Adventure at Chank. so we may be there for awhile. Did you guys snorkel or anything at Chank.?

Have you started looking into booking your next cruise? They are addictive! Def. the best way to travel. We are going to try Costa Cruise Line in Feb...we got a great deal on that one.

I will def. be at Farewell party. I am so to hear that the Captains Cocktail party was canceled and the PastGuests party will not be offered on our 4 day cruise.

We were on another cruise line and experienced an unpleasant odor. We later decided that it was the trash. We had asked the employees and they all acted like they didn't smell anything!

Did you eat or drink at Chank.? We were in Cozumel in Feb. and ate and drank at a restaurant right outside the pier and I got sick...so I was thinking about skipping food and drink this time around. We have already booked the Dolphin Adventure at Chank. so we may be there for awhile. Did you guys snorkel or anything at Chank.?

Have you started looking into booking your next cruise? They are addictive! Def. the best way to travel. We are going to try Costa Cruise Line in Feb...we got a great deal on that one.

We did not eat at the park; Id read it was expensive, and the food some other tourists had didn't look that interesting. We just saved up for when we got back to the boat, then ate a big lunch!

We DID snorkel... I actually brought my own gear. I believe rental is 5/a person, and you can rent a life vest for another 5 I heard... be careful on your way into the water, its very rocky (many recommended water shoes, I wouldn't oppose them on that), but there were beautiful fish all around! They came right up to our faces.

The snorkeling wasn't as good as I'd experienced in St John US Virgin Islands, but it was a very good experience! Definitely a must-do if you attend the park.

Also regarding the topic some people have been discussing about access to the pool --- there WAS a posted sign about the pool area being reserved for dolphin swimmers -- but a number of people from my ship were sitting around there and swimming in the pool without issue, so it may be a case-by-case basis. The park was NOT very busy on this particular day.

What is the age requirements for the dolphins? We will have twin daughters who will be 6 years old at the time and they will both be swimming with the dolphins. Can they go alone or do the parents have to go? I understand that people can be close by to observe and this will be fine for us if we are not required to go. Neither my wife nor I have a particular interest in swimming with the dolphins and our kids will do just fine without us next to them if it is allowed. No point blowing an extra $200 if we don't have to.

What else is there to do at Chankanaab beside snorkel and dolphins.

Can we watch the dolphins if not participating?

Yes, you can watch the dolphins without participating in any of the programs. You'll be about 40-60 yards away from them in the 'pen'

There are restaurants, shopping, hair braiding, trails, and self guided tours aroung the park

We will be in Cozumel the week of 11/1/09 - 11/08-09 on Conquest and are planning to visit the park. Am still wondering if we can use the pool if we do not do the dolphin swim. Keep reading different information on this thread. We would be willing to purchase some drinks and snacks if that makes a difference. TIA

Archived