Rome Night and Dinner tour-eat while you sightsee

BUFFBUFF

:)

Rome By Night and Dinner Limousine Service

Has anyone done the Rome by Night and Limousine Service with Drive around Italy?

I am speaking of the one that they stop and pick up each dinner course as they drive along, and you eat while sightseeing in the Limousine? If so, do you recommend it? How was the food on the set menu listed? Did it cover a lot of territory

:)

Rome By Night and Dinner Limousine Service

Has anyone done the Rome by Night and Limousine Service with Drive around Italy?

I am speaking of the one that they stop and pick up each dinner course as they drive along, and you eat while sightseeing in the Limousine? If so, do you recommend it? How was the food on the set menu listed? Did it cover a lot of territory

I have never done this ,but all I want to say is there is a much better way to see and eat in Rome and I can't imagine trying to both in a limo at the same time.Having dinner at a resto and then walking around Rome in the evening would and is my ideal or even doing a walking tour at night before or after a nice meal.To much to see and do ,but not eating while driving tring to see from a car window:eek:Just MHO.

I have never done this ,but all I want to say is there is a much better way to see and eat in Rome and I can't imagine trying to both in a limo at the same time.Having dinner at a resto and then walking around Rome in the evening would and is my ideal or even doing a walking tour at night before or after a nice meal.To much to see and do ,but not eating while driving tring to see from a car window:eek:Just MHO.

I have to agree -- this just sounds weird. When I'm eating good Italian food, I like to concentrate on eating. And when I'm sightseeing, I like to enjoy the sights. I can't imagine trying to do both at once. I imagine you end up doing justice to neither.

Thank you for your very kind input. Maybe one day when you are 85 and can't do the walking tour, you will also find an alternative to enjoying the sights. Especially when you only have 1 day to see it all, so I may have found a way to eat and enjoy my sights. :) God Loves You

I am so sorry that I was not able to *guess* as to your age and physical status, which you did not provide in your initial post. Mea culpa.

That said, I still think you would be better to find a tour that does not involve food. Eat before or after. I have yet to participate in a tour where the food is as good as I could find in a restaurant of my own choosing.

If getting around Rome is a concern for you, perhaps you would want to consider spending additional time there either before or after your cruise. There is a lot to see and no one -- no matter how fit -- can do it all in a day.

Thank you for your very kind input. Maybe one day when you are 85 and can't do the walking tour, you will also find an alternative to enjoying the sights. Especially when you only have 1 day to see it all, so I may have found a way to eat and enjoy my sights. :) God Loves You

Even at 85 you can see Rome at night w/o eating at the same time and still see other sights re just 1 day....hire a driver to take you around if this is the problem(lots of info on this board as well),then have a nice meal and arrange a Rome by Night Tour that there are plenty of(your hotel can help you or your driver even) and then you wil have had a nice day/evening witha good meal in between.But...having said that it is up to you in reality isn't it.Cruisemom42 gave some good advice as well.

Archived