Tender Boats in Belize

1stime cruiser

Hello,

I am cruising on the Glory Western Intinerary in about three weeks and this will by my second cruise. I wanted to see if anyone could tell me how large the Tender Boats are. My wife has a hard time with really small boats so she is already worried.

We tendered in further than usual, and it was like a speedboat. Be sure and sit where you are in the wind like I did, my hair was uncombable (I had long hair).

Regular size tender boats? In fact, maybe a little smaller than we used in the Caymans, but Im sure it varys.

Belize was the only port that I did not like the tenders. They are small, fast and very bouncy. If you sit down inside the boat it gets very hot too. If your wife has any problems with motion sickness be sure she takes something before getting on these boats.

When we tendered into to Belize, we were on a double-decker boat that I consider to be fairly large. If she is worried about getting sea-sick, I get sea-sick on smaller boats myself. I had no trouble with any of the tenders. I do know that there were some smaller boats as well, but the majority of them seemed to be the double decker ones.

Here is a picture of one of the tenders from the back. I searched all my pics, and this was the only one that kinda shows what it looks like!

KaysSB00096.jpg

I have been there twice and have tenders of all different size. I was on one small one in the open (I too have long hair, but I put it in a ponytail and have pick/brush with me to brush it out when I can). I had two that were quite large and double deckers. I thing the one that was the most fun was the one shown in the picture in this thread.

They are fast and I loved em!!! So what if it took up to 15 minutes. I too the time to soak in the surroundings!

We tendered 5 miles into port after a snorkel excursion, not a problem - tenders are large-sized double decker ferries. There are smaller fast water taxis, if one of these pull up just wait for a larger boat - there are always 2 or 3 waiting in line and you can wait for a larger one. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived