B2B (Monarch) Question

I guess the ship really doesn't matter for my question.

We just got off a 4 day (our first) and loved it. We want to do a 7 day now and have looked around and we really like the convenience of going out of Port Canaveral. We also got "spoiled" with the priority boarding at PC with a JS. (I know the balcony rooms on the Freedom are bigger than the JS on the Monarch - but I wouldn't get the priority boarding).

For the time frame we want to sail again, going 7 days on the Freedom is $1,100 more than a B2B on the Monarch. I know we are limited with no specialty dining and other amenities that the Freedom has. We also get 4 cruise points on the B2B versus 2 on the Freedom (Not that really matters that much - but it is a nice bonus as well).

We had fun at Cococay and Nassau the first time and there are things we didnt get to see / do while we were there. Living a "ground hog" day and going back to these locations two more times (weather permitting) is fine with us. Granted, we would love to get down to the Virgin Islands, and some day, we will - but right now I am trying to run the numbers and there aren't many 7 day itineraries that I am comfortable with.

We have also looked at Carnival and Princess. I was pretty much set to sail on princess until I read a thread here - and I wasn't too happy to hear how princess handled it. Customer service is a big thing with me and I was very happy with RCI customer service.

Ok, I guess I got off topic there - my question is - when you book a Back 2 Back, it is classified as one or two cruises when it comes to the deposit? Will I have to pay 2 deposits on two cruise reservation numbers or will it go under one number with 1 deposit?

I guess the ship really doesn't matter for my question.

We just got off a 4 day (our first) and loved it. We want to do a 7 day now and have looked around and we really like the convenience of going out of Port Canaveral. We also got "spoiled" with the priority boarding at PC with a JS. (I know the balcony rooms on the Freedom are bigger than the JS on the Monarch - but I wouldn't get the priority boarding).

For the time frame we want to sail again, going 7 days on the Freedom is $1,100 more than a B2B on the Monarch. I know we are limited with no specialty dining and other amenities that the Freedom has. We also get 4 cruise points on the B2B versus 2 on the Freedom (Not that really matters that much - but it is a nice bonus as well).

We had fun at Cococay and Nassau the first time and there are things we didnt get to see / do while we were there. Living a "ground hog" day and going back to these locations two more times (weather permitting) is fine with us. Granted, we would love to get down to the Virgin Islands, and some day, we will - but right now I am trying to run the numbers and there aren't many 7 day itineraries that I am comfortable with.

We have also looked at Carnival and Princess. I was pretty much set to sail on princess until I read a thread here - and I wasn't too happy to hear how princess handled it. Customer service is a big thing with me and I was very happy with RCI customer service.

Ok, I guess I got off topic there - my question is - when you book a Back 2 Back, it is classified as one or two cruises when it comes to the deposit? Will I have to pay 2 deposits on two cruise reservation numbers or will it go under one number with 1 deposit?

You'll pay 2 deposits on 2 reservations, BUT, being as the monarch is a 3 night then a 4 night the deposit is $100 pp per cruise, total $400, the Freedom, being a 7 day cruise the deposit is $250 pp, total $500.00

Thanks uksimonusa

The deposit right now is a big deal (with a kid heading back to campus in two weeks) . . .

I knew the Freedom was higher than the Monarch for the deposit - but even Carnival and Princess are higher than the Freedom. (Princess wants $680 to reserve - and the quote I got from Carnival was $550)

I thought the deposit was $50.00 pp for up to 5 nights? If that is the case, then a B2B on the Monarch would be $200.00 total deposit for 2 people, yes?

I dont know. I paid $100 (total) for the previous cruise, but was under the impression that it was a special at that time, not an everyday thing

On our recent Monarch sailing there was “Promotion” of reduced deposit if you booked while on board, so the $100 pp per sailing would have been $50.

We don't pay it much attention as we do NOT book on board since the recent changes. A reduced deposit is no incentive for us

M

Yes what you have been told on paying deposit on 2 cruises is correct. I am booked on B2B's on the Monarch. You could always wait and see if they have any WOW sales where you will get the reduced deposit and OBC. But if you are looking at a cruise that is soon I would not wait. My B2B's are sold out. Or if you are comfortable with the pricing why wait. Go ahead and book and get what you want.

I can wait - looking at next June or July. I know if I jump on it now, I can get the same suite (already looked) - but also just found out we need to take down a dead tree in the yard, which, coincidently is the exact cost of the deposit of the cruise. . . hmmm. . .what to do :D

Archived