Urbino Tour

hoffdahl

I will be on a cruise from Venice to Athens and I am interested in signing up for the tour to Urbino which leaves from the port of Ancona, but I don't want to be stuck just looking out a bus window. Has anyone taken this excursion and have info on how much actual walking time is provided?

I can't answer your specific question, but we did a self guided walking tour of Ancona and enjoyed it very much.

At one point, we got lost. My husband asked a woman if she spoke English. She said no, but that didn't stop him from showing her our map and asking where we were, Instead, she told us (well, gestured) to go in a particular direction for two blocks, then turn right. We dutifully started following her directions--and then, when I said, "I wonder where she's directing us to", we laughed so hard about our heading out going who knows where that we had to lean against a building to keep from falling down. It's a favorite memory of ours, and still makes us laugh.

Archived