Infinity's Updated CDC Score

Denny01

Just noticed on the CDC page for Cruise ship Inspections that the Infinity score is now 95 for an inspection dated 3/29/09. An earlier Dec 08 inspection scored 85 which was Not Satisfactory (85 or below). Sounds like the 'cleaned up their act'!

All the other Celebrity ships have scores of 94 or above, and Solstice has 100. None are recent inspection dates - all are from April or a bit earlier.

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/Forms/InspectionResults.aspx

Denny

I read the CDC report where Infinity got the 84 and it was interesting reading. We were not concerned about the score as we know the cruise lines take these scores seriously. I am sure it was a shock/surprise to management and that it was corrected quickly. I am also sure that they are doing what it takes to not have a low score again.

We have sailed on Infinity and it is a great ship. The crew did an excellant job keeping her clean and safe.

We sailed on her on Jan 09 for the Cape Horn cruise. Loved the ship and it was very clean and well set up. Toured the Kitchen also. They were VERY aware of their inspection score and had fixed the issues by Jan 09. One of the issues was kind of funny - at least my type of funny. The inspector saw a cook tasting food with his finger. Big no-no.

Glad they don't see ME cook!!

Denny

LOL about the tasting. Also there were some rat poisoning, which I had not thought about rats/mice/rodents being on ships today. Guess they too need a break from the rat race.

We got off Infinity this past May. Only thing broke that we saw was one of the Thassalotheropy pool jets was not working, but passengers seemed to share the other side pretty good.

Archived