Considering RCI, what's included

I've never sailed RC, but I'm considering a 1st anniversary cruise next May on the Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda (if we're not expecting by then :D) and would like to know what's including with the price of the cruise...restaurants, activities, drinks (we're non drinkers), etc.

Also, I've never been to Bermuda. Any suggestions? I don't snorkel or dive.....just kinda float and drift. :)

Thanks!

RC's basic cruise fare includes pretty much the same as what you are used to on Carnival... coffee, ice tea & lemonade are your free drinks.. meals in the Main Dining Room & the Buffet included.. Room service included except between the hours of Midnite & 5 AM..then they charge a service chg.... Entertainment is all free

OK, let's see if I can remember everything:

All food in the main dining room, Windjammer (buffet) and Cafe Promenade. Room service food except between midnight and 5 a.m. (3.95 service charge then, but that includes the tip which you would be giving anyway - you can always run down to the Cafe Promenade for a snack if you want to avoid that charge). Coffee, tea and hot chocolate available anytime. Iced tea and lemonade during meals. Juices during breakfast.

All shows, including ice show, rock climbing, mini golf, ice skating, basketball - all included.

In Bermuda, you can purchase a two-day ferry/bus pass for about $20 which will take you anywhere you want to go on the island (don't miss Horseshoe beach - no admission charge but you can rent beach chairs/umbrellas if you want). There is a small beach right at Kings Wharf as well as some shops and a maritime museum (I think that costs around $10 - but that also entitles you to watch people having their dolphin encounter up close - you can sit right on a bench and take photos and the trainers are very nice and will come over and chat).

Water (not bottled), tea, lemonade, sometimes they have fruit punch, hot tea and coffee for drinks.

Food includes the diningroom unless you order the special Chops steak. Room service is free except after midnight until 5am then it is a 3.95 fee. The buffet is free. Sometimes they have midnight buffets. Sorretno's pizza.

You can bring sodas and water with you on board. Or you can buy soda per drink or buy the drink package. You can also buy bottled water but I always bring my own.

Just about everything is included except for speciality restaruants, Ben and Jerrys and speciality coffees. Speciality restaruants does include Johnny Rockets. Since you said you are non drinkers I did not add but will now all alcohol drinks have a charge. As far as that goes, since I read a thread here the other day about tips, tips for drinks are not include in the price of your fare. You will pay tip for any drink you have to pay for including non alcoholic versions.

Activites on the ship are free but excursion off you pay for.

Entertainment on the ship is free.

You might want to head to the Port of Call forumn for some advice on Bermuda.

Archived