Suggestions We Made to Carnival

MontTheDonk

We have been on more than one Carnival cruise where the tenders were the ship's lifeboats. In that case, the ship IS the "operator."

Do they not do that any more?

That's the way it was for us in Sitka above the Spirit this June

Jean Shorts

www.jorts.com

They do not look good in any setting. Especially Dinner in the Main Dining Room.

Yikes! Well those sure didn't! I wouldn't expect to see them in the dining room, but I don't have a problem with denim shorts. Actually, if someone were wearing them in the dining room, you'd only know when they stand up. Tablecloth would hide their legs. I think I'd be okay with it as long as they weren't wearing a shirt with their armpit hair hanging out.

i agree with you on the staff identification, one night i was at the bar there were more crew than guests. that just isnt right

I think it's fun to mingle with the crew. They are great people. When we go to Cozumel, we hang out at the pool and bar all the crew go to because it's so much fun!

Pat

We have been on more than one Carnival cruise where the tenders were the ship's lifeboats. In that case, the ship IS the "operator."

Do they not do that any more?

I've only ever seen that done on Celebrity in Norway.

I think that one was won over by the many people that put more casual dining on their comment cards......and in my case the polls I took:D

I agree. We got tired of lugging jackets, etc. with us especially when airlines began charging for every checked bag. We dress up on formal night,just don't go to the extent that we use to and my hubby is thankful! He says it's not fair that women can wear simple little dresses with sling back sandals and he had to choke himself to go have dinner. He now wears a nice shirt, dress pants, and sometimes a tie.

pat

I would like

No chair hogs If you are not in your chair for more than 30 mins remove all articles,

alcohol abusers ( 1 drink a day allowed) if more than that you are removed and sent to your room to sober up.

Dining be on time or don’t come to the dining room ( lock them out)

be dressed per the dress code. Guards will be posted to strictly adhere to the code .. if not u go to the lido.

People with children.. they must act and behave as per the rules.. no splashing in the pool laughter is allowed … but not to loud ( perhaps we can have someone patrolling with a sound meter) offenders off to their room !

Smugglers rules anyone caught violating the rules .. off the ship!

Some nice to haves :

Decks assigned by class system ...no class, low class , aspiring to have class and of course Upper class.

A section of all public decks for the upper class to judge all.

A price point like 59.00 per day

I would like

No chair hogs If you are not in your chair for more than 30 mins remove all articles,

alcohol abusers ( 1 drink a day allowed) if more than that you are removed and sent to your room to sober up.

Dining be on time or don’t come to the dining room ( lock them out)

be dressed per the dress code. Guards will be posted to strictly adhere to the code .. if not u go to the lido.

People with children.. they must act and behave as per the rules.. no splashing in the pool laughter is allowed … but not to loud ( perhaps we can have someone patrolling with a sound meter) offenders off to their room !

Smugglers rules anyone caught violating the rules .. off the ship!

Some nice to haves :

Decks assigned by class system ...no class, low class , aspiring to have class and of course Upper class.

A section of all public decks for the upper class to judge all.

A price point like 59.00 per day

Dad?

Well since I go on vacation to relax and get away from everyday life, I don't focus on the small things that really don't matter and definitely don't focus on the things other people do that I disagree with...You can ALWAYS find something wrong or imperfect if searching for it. It is vacation and become what you make it! Carnival in my opinion does a good job providing a great setting and atmosphere to make this happen...after my 13 cruises I have no complaints to Carnival from me! now I could dwell on what other guests do but it is not worth the time or energy...

Is there a dress code for the dining room? spacer.gif Depending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. However, shirts and shoes/footwear (flip-flops) must be worn at all times inside the Lido restaurants.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Just got this off Carnival's Web Site. I still like to dress up in the dining room. Don't get to do it much at home. Seems they have change the rules a bit, last time I check jeans were not allowed. But I guess "if" they are nice ones, no one will care.

Why?

Don't you think access to the clubs and bars on the ship would be one of the few perks these folks get to come work on the ship?

Didn't I read in Cruise Confidential that there are bars for the crew belowdecks? I don't mind them being there either. I don't even care if they act a fool. But I do mind if they are acting a fool AND wearing their name tags. I think that any business owner would not be too happy to know that a drunken, inappropriately dressed employee was representing their business, unless they are a Hooters franchisee. :D

Yikes! Well those sure didn't! I wouldn't expect to see them in the dining room, but I don't have a problem with denim shorts. Actually, if someone were wearing them in the dining room, you'd only know when they stand up. Tablecloth would hide their legs. I think I'd be okay with it as long as they weren't wearing a shirt with their armpit hair hanging out.

This is not good. :eek::D

homepage.jpg

It's people like the OP, that help Carnival provide perfect cruises for the rest of us. Why would Carnival NOT want to hear complaints and suggestions from their customers? It's called feedback and all businesses are interested in feedback. I appreciate those who take the time to provide that valuable information.

I forgot another suggestion, letting you stay in your cabin until they call your color or zone for disembarkation. I would also love to be able to order a real breakfast to eat on the balcony. I know I'm just dreaming.....

We got to stay in our cabin until our zone was called on our Victory Cruise in Feb 2007. Went up to the Lido deck and got breakfast and brought it back down to our balcony to eat and enjoy our last minutes while we started the countdown to our next cruise waiting for our zone to be called. It was a really nice way to end the cruise.:) Wish we always got to do it that way!:(

Archived