Suggestions We Made to Carnival

MontTheDonk

I would like

No chair hogs If you are not in your chair for more than 30 mins remove all articles,

alcohol abusers ( 1 drink a day allowed) if more than that you are removed and sent to your room to sober up.

Dining be on time or don’t come to the dining room ( lock them out)

be dressed per the dress code. Guards will be posted to strictly adhere to the code .. if not u go to the lido.

People with children.. they must act and behave as per the rules.. no splashing in the pool laughter is allowed … but not to loud ( perhaps we can have someone patrolling with a sound meter) offenders off to their room !

Smugglers rules anyone caught violating the rules .. off the ship!

Some nice to haves :

Decks assigned by class system ...no class, low class , aspiring to have class and of course Upper class.

A section of all public decks for the upper class to judge all.

A price point like 59.00 per day

lol

We got to stay in our cabin until our zone was called on our Victory Cruise in Feb 2007. Went up to the Lido deck and got breakfast and brought it back down to our balcony to eat and enjoy our last minutes while we started the countdown to our next cruise waiting for our zone to be called. It was a really nice way to end the cruise.:) Wish we always got to do it that way!:(

Does Carnival alway's let you stay in the cabin now, or is it only on certain ships? That would be great, I hate how nasty the public restrooms get by the time they call our zone since we usually don't have a flight out that day we alway's get off a little later then some. I tried the self disembark once due to a 11:30 flight, but it was hard to carry everything without bumping into others.

The only complaint we've every put down on the card was on the Conquest. My wife went to the spa and got a treatment. After that some worker showed my wife some over priced products. What we complained about was the hard sell tactics that this lady used. My wife told her she wasn't interested and she continued hard sell tactics like, "You must not want to look good" and things of that nature. We just walked out. I know they get a commission, but that was a little too much.

The irony of it all was that this ship goes to Jamaica, and one of the warnings they give, during the excursion talks, is that you should not go out on your own because people are rude and pushy when they try to sell you stuff. They warn If you go out on your own you will most likely have a bad experience and you will hate Jamaica. I could be wrong, but guess where this worker appeared to be from.

Or at least make sure it's done..yuck

I had to laugh. DH likes his bacon crisp. He always asks his server to tell the cook if they lay the bacon strip across a table knife & it bends, throw it back on the stove! No floppy bacon. They always get it right. By the way, he is not ugly about it. I think that's why he always gets the desired result.

Is there a dress code for the dining room? spacer.gif Depending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. However, shirts and shoes/footwear (flip-flops) must be worn at all times inside the Lido restaurants.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Just got this off Carnival's Web Site. I still like to dress up in the dining room. Don't get to do it much at home. Seems they have change the rules a bit, last time I check jeans were not allowed. But I guess "if" they are nice ones, no one will care.

They have been allowed since I have been cruising......even back in 1999.......

Bacon complaints.

Fry up a FEW pounds of bacon, nice and crispy and perfect. Then stack it 6 inches deep in a stainless steel steam table tray and put it out on the steam table. I don't know the chemistry but in a few minutes that bacon is greasy, rubbery, limp, and tough.

But knowing why its bad bacon doesn't make it not bad bacon!!:rolleyes::D

Why isn't it right? They have every right to have a night off, and enjoy it however they wish. As long as they act respectfully, I see nothing wrong with them in the bars. There are plenty of bars on the ship, plenty of drinks/seats/dance floor for everyone, up to and including the staff.

Totally agree with you Pegs, why shouldn't they go where they want on their off time.

I also think they should be able to wear whatever the heck they want when they are not working (about the t shirt with obscenities)

And I think the tenders waiting is good fuel sense.

JMO, Carole

Didn't I read in Cruise Confidential that there are bars for the crew belowdecks? I don't mind them being there either. I don't even care if they act a fool. But I do mind if they are acting a fool AND wearing their name tags. I think that any business owner would not be too happy to know that a drunken, inappropriately dressed employee was representing their business, unless they are a Hooters franchisee. :D

So take their name off of their name tags and report them if they are that offensive. Problem solved. If they're stupid enough to play the fool or dress in something displaying profanity ... and wear a freakin' name tag ...

One MDR for those casual dresser's and one for the people that don't want to see jeans, nice shorts ect... Still have a dress code, but designate one as the more casual.

I like this one. We enjoy getting all dressed up. Its all part of the experience.

We have been on more than one Carnival cruise where the tenders were the ship's lifeboats. In that case, the ship IS the "operator."

Do they not do that any more?

I've never seen the lifeboats used as tenders

I like this one. We enjoy getting all dressed up. Its all part of the experience.

That's the arrangement on NCL. Same menu in both dining rooms, one is for the dressy diners, one for less dressy diners.

The food tastes the same, regardless of what you are wearing.

So take their name off of their name tags and report them if they are that offensive. Problem solved. If they're stupid enough to play the fool or dress in something displaying profanity ... and wear a freakin' name tag ...

Yes, indeed :D

I would like

No chair hogs If you are not in your chair for more than 30 mins remove all articles,

alcohol abusers ( 1 drink a day allowed) if more than that you are removed and sent to your room to sober up.

Dining be on time or don’t come to the dining room ( lock them out)

be dressed per the dress code. Guards will be posted to strictly adhere to the code .. if not u go to the lido.

People with children.. they must act and behave as per the rules.. no splashing in the pool laughter is allowed … but not to loud ( perhaps we can have someone patrolling with a sound meter) offenders off to their room !

Smugglers rules anyone caught violating the rules .. off the ship!

Some nice to haves :

Decks assigned by class system ...no class, low class , aspiring to have class and of course Upper class.

A section of all public decks for the upper class to judge all.

A price point like 59.00 per day

Are we on vacation or on the Titanic?

In addition to this posting, I would like to hire Hitler's heir as CD for all ships.

Are we on vacation or on the Titanic?

In addition to this posting, I would like to hire Hitler's heir as CD for all ships.

Pssstttt .... he didn't have any kids. In fact, he killed himself shortly after he got married. Might I suggest a couple of other dictators/monster-of-history who procreated?

Why isn't it right? They have every right to have a night off, and enjoy it however they wish. As long as they act respectfully, I see nothing wrong with them in the bars. There are plenty of bars on the ship, plenty of drinks/seats/dance floor for everyone, up to and including the staff.

The workers we see most each day, waiters, room stewards, repairmen are not allowed to mingle with passengers. When off duty, they must stay below decks. They have their own DR, bars, rec rooms, internet cafe etc. While in pax areas OR on shore I think they are required to wear their name tags. And I'd bet there is a rule about inappropriate dress while ashore. But we know how poorly CCL observes all rules.

for all those whinners that complain because of missed ports due to bad weather, put them in a tender and send them to the port, maybe then they will get a hint why the ships missed the port due to bad weather.

First of all - to clarify - these were our "Suggestions" - they were not "Complaints". We loved the cruise and would do it again and again whether or not any or all of our suggestions were implemented. We gave Carnival "Exceeded Expectations" on all our cards.

The point about the tenders - the tender sat there for 30 minutes waiting for more people to show up, while two other empty tenders were present - all with their engines running. And, it was Grand Cayman, so it was only a few minute ride to the pier.

The point about the crewman with the tee shirt - he was on deck 11 watching the dodge ball tournament on a sea day in front of maybe 60-80 guests - not in some sleezy, dark bar in port. I don't care if crew mix with guests off-duty or not - it was the inappropriate dress highlighted by his Carnival identification that surprised me.

for all those whinners that complain because of missed ports due to bad weather, put them in a tender and send them to the port, maybe then they will get a hint why the ships missed the port due to bad weather.

Those people are going to need more than a "hint" :rolleyes:. But I love your idea about dropping them off. But no tenders that are "manned" will want to go there either, just drop them off in a tender and they can get there on their own. Any fool that complains about a missed port because of safety reasons deserves it.

I agree with poster about the spa. While I am not really complaining I do go to the spa to relax and unwind. Having to fend off aggressive sales tactics is not relaxing. I understand they make commission on the products but NO means NO. My suggestion would be that they offer the product and if the passenger says NO, drop it. I hesitate to go to the spa on the ships anymore because I get so tired of the constant sales pitch.

I would love some TOASTERS at the buffet so that I can make my own toast

(hot) and perhaps toast a bagel.

I am talking SELF-SERVICE toasters! I love hot toast or hot toasted bagels.

We have been on more than one Carnival cruise where the tenders were the ship's lifeboats. In that case, the ship IS the "operator."

Do they not do that any more?

They use the lifeboats in ports that are smaller or not visited as often and don't have a contractor with enough tender boats. I see you're on the Spirit this year, they use the lifeboats in Zihuatanejo.

Archived