Excursion Ideas for Legend Sept 20th

Rhitson88

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on some good excursions that aren't gonna cost me a butt load of money like Carnival wants to charge. I love the Carnival Excursions but they are pricey. So I am wondering if maybe you would know some good excursions not ran by Carnival for my cruise. The cruise itinerary is listed below and may not be in the order it will be ported in...

Grand Cayman

Cozumel

Belize

Isla Roatan, Honduras

Also, I remember going with my parents when we went and we would just go somewhere in a cab that the driver recommended. It may not seem like its safe but I do remember it was cheap. So if there are any of those places like that then let me know about those. Thanks to anyone who can help. I hope alot of people will want to give me some input. And we are 21 yrs old so basically up for any excursion.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on some good excursions that aren't gonna cost me a butt load of money like Carnival wants to charge. I love the Carnival Excursions but they are pricey. So I am wondering if maybe you would know some good excursions not ran by Carnival for my cruise. The cruise itinerary is listed below and may not be in the order it will be ported in...

Grand Cayman

Cozumel

Belize

Isla Roatan, Honduras

Also, I remember going with my parents when we went and we would just go somewhere in a cab that the driver recommended. It may not seem like its safe but I do remember it was cheap. So if there are any of those places like that then let me know about those. Thanks to anyone who can help. I hope alot of people will want to give me some input. And we are 21 yrs old so basically up for any excursion.

Try Fin's & Flippers in Roatan. We loved it.

We wanted to do the sting ray tour with Moby tours in GC, but our port got cancelled.

We wanted to do the sting ray tour with Moby tours in GC, but our port got cancelled.

Do you have a website for them or can I just google it? And my girlfreind isn't down for the whole swimming with stingrays thing so that out of the question lol.

Grand Cayman - try to talk the GF into Stingray City. Tell her she can stay in the boat (but I bet she will change her mind). It is incredible, as is the snorkeling afterwards.

Cozumel - Paradise Beach sounds good for you. Just grab a taxi at the port and go.

Belize - book a tour; doesn't have to be Carnival but it helps, as you get priority tendering here. We loved cave tubing (booked independently) and can recommend Carnival's Altan Ha and River Wallace tour.

Roatan - great ziplines. We did South Shore last time.

Check out Island Marketing for independent tours. Good deals; we have used them several times and never had a problem.

Have fun and hope to see you on the ship!;)

Hey guys,

Grand Cayman

Cozumel

Belize

Isla Roatan, Honduras

Grand Cayman, we have used Captain Marvins twice for their stingray/snorkle tour, very reasonably priced. Go for the first run and you can get some time at the beach on the way back.

Cozumel, we have gone to Paradise Beach twice and will go back next time we visit. Great food/drinks/water toys/ we also parasailed.

Belize, we have done the cave tubing with Yhonny and this past year did the ATV Jungle Tour with the same company and both were very fun.

Roatan, we booked with Victor Bodden, he picked us up at the pier and we planned our day with the drivers help. We did some sightseeing, visited the monkeys and ended with an amazing day at a very quiet beach where we snorkeled for cheap :) We save a lot of money by going with non ship excursions, visit the Ports of Call boards for your stops and you will see most of these excursions talked about a lot :) Have fun!

My wife and I would be in this same cruise and this is have we have planned so far..

Grand Cayman: We will go to stingray city and then off to the beach(7 mile beach). Still have not picked a tour company.

Cozumel:Spearfishing with Leo, highly recomemded in tripadvisor. Hope

I catch something tasty.

Belize: Shark Ray Alley, Pretty much like stringray city except I might get to snorkle next to nurse sharks/hope I do.

Roatan: We will do one of the Zip lines (which ever is the scariest of them all) and if time permits horseback riding on the beach.

GC - Definitely do the stingray city excursion. We used Native Way - much less expensive, fewer people and more personalized than the overcrowded boats we saw on the ship's tour.

Roatan - We did the dolphins at Anthony's Key, not sure if this is the same as "Fins and Flippers" (kinda doubt it) but it was great.

Can't comment on Cozumel or Belize as we just like to shop, drink and eat at the former and did a ship's excursion (Bannister Island) on the latter.

My BW and bro and his future are also on this cruise with you. I ma glad you started this thread as we are also undicided. We are scuba certified so I think in GC we are going to shore dive at Sunset House. I have heard from several that it is fun and very inexpencive then maybe go to Hell if we have time just to say we have been to hell. LOL

In Cozumel maybe the The Mayan Frontier by Horseback

Belize I dont know we are undecided maybe play it by ear and what ever happens, happens have been looking at diving though and Mayan Ruins, the SIL want to do the horseback thing again though.

no plans yet for Roatan

We have been thinking about the zip lines and the cave tubing but no definate plans

All 4 of us are first time cruisers so dont know what to expect. Also it is the BRo and SIL's honeymoon.

Maybe well see you there...

Hi there! We just returned from our cruise this past Sunday. We cruised Carnival's Valor and had an amazing time. We visited all of the same ports. I booked all of our excursion through private companies. In Cayman, we did a Stingray, Snorkel, Starfish tour through Native Way Water Sports. There were only 8 people in our group. That tour was $40.00 per person. In Roatan we went to Fins and Flippers. It was amazing. If you make a reservation on line, the cost is $20.00. $8.00 to rent snorkle equipment. Belize was awesome. We did the zipline/cave tubing through Nacho and Cynthia (NCQ Adventures). That was by far my favorite. They both met us at the port with our names on a sign. Cynthia took us through Belize to where we took the zip lines. The hour ride went rather quickly as she gave us a nice history lesson on Belize. The zip lines had about 5-6 lines. It was amazing! I have to admit, I was slightly nervous before doing the cave tubing, but it was awesome. Absolutely something that I'm so happy I did. Lunch was also included in this tour. I would highly recommend them. In Cosumel we just took a cab into downtown and walked for about 2 hours and looked into shops. I missed the 50% off the dolphin tour with Discovery Dolphin. I was about a week late on that one. But, we did enjoy the town of Cosumel.

Was on the Legend last week, cayman we took a taxi van 5 dollars per person to seven mile beach, and they had vans waiting there to come back at anytime, 5 dollars back, well worth the money.

cozmel was the same for us, we had 10 people in our party, and we all went in a van for $28 it was like $3 per person, there and back, went to paradise island beach, they have alot of activities there.

honduras we used Victor Bodden Tours, because we had 10 people in our party, it was $25 each for the day, we took a tour of the island, went to victor's monkey farm, which was the best of the excursion, he had monkeys, birds, deer, $2 per person, we got alot of pictures with the monkeys.

belize, the guys took an excursion, and some of us just tendered over to the mainland to do some shopping, a really nice shopping area. They have to anchor the boat so far from the mainland because the water is so shallow. The tender was about 15-20 minutes it was about 6 miles out from the island.

I was there in April and we did Carnival's Landrover and Cave exploration excursion in Belize.. and WHAT A BLAST it was! The day was broken into several segments so we really felt we did as much as we could have with the little time we had at port.

It started off with a Jungle bus ride through the city where we passed the kids walking to school and also got to see the condition of the city in general. The ride was long enough (and open air!) that we felt we got to see the area. We hit a rain shower but were protected by the canvas covers on the bus.

After a drive through some low lying jungle, we got to a staging area where we got our headlamps and then walked through the caves. There were only a couple bats, but unfortunately I didn't see any of them. At one point, we all turned off our headlamps and it was pitch black. very fun!

Back to the staging area, we were assigned to, and drove the Landrovers through the puddles, splashed, and back onto the country highway. I have video of us on the trails and also took pictures of some of the houses we passed. (very poor.)

Then came lunch. We had chicken, rice & beans, cole slaw, and a fried banana. It was very good. We also loaded up on Rum punch and a few swam in the river.

To return to the port area, we took a river boat and cruised up the river. It was maybe a 45 minute ride full of lush greenery and iquanas in trees! The rum punch flowed freely on the boat too.

PLEASE NOTE: Use the bathroom right before you get on the boat to return.. me and a few other ladies were about to die holding it in until we got back to the port area to where the restrooms were!! 45 minutes isn't that long to hold it, but when you are full of punch and around that much water.. egads!!

Bang for buck, you can't beat the day. We had an absolute blast! The tour can also run in reverse if the group is too big. (They will split in half and some will start the day with the boat ride and then do land rovers, cave etc.)

In Roatan, we just hired a taxi for a day and rode around the the West End, and ultimately just relaxed at Foster's beach. It's a beautiful island!!

I can post pictures if anyone would like to see!

Hey guys,

Grand Cayman: Stingray City

Cozumel: Nachi Cocum (Island Marketing.com)

Belize: Cave Tubing

Isla Roatan, Honduras: Victor Bodden Tours

my suggestions :)

Archived