Early Saver Question&Changing from PVP To A TA

Breezin

:confused:Hi,I know there is someone who will have an answer to my questions and please bear with me this is only our 2nd cruise.Ok,we booked early saver thru Carnival,final payment is not due until middle of Aug.I have been looking at some of the other travel websites and see that we can get a better deal thru a TA and they will give us a 50.00 OBC and some other fun things:D,my question is will we be charged for transferring the booking to a TA with ES rate booked?Thanks so much in advance.I know this subject has been ran into the ground already,I`m sure,just not quite sure where to look.Thanks again.;)

No, you won't be charged to transfer your ES booking to a TA. What you want to confirm with your selected TA prior to any transfer, is whether the TA will do ES price adjustment requests, will the TA charge to do ES price adjustment requests, and of course what they are offering to give you for transferring your booking. ken

One other thing to consider is if the info the TA is giving you is for a group booking they have. You can't transfer a ESA to a group booking.

We were going to do a transfer to an agency last week and found out they had group rates for the cruise and we couldn't transfer.

In addition, you need to find out if there is a price adjustment, and they do it for you, what do you lose? Some agencies will initially give an OBC, then if the price goes down, so does your OBC from them.

As mentioned you need to ask if there is a charge to you for price adjustments and will they work to get them for you? I am waiting until 7/31 to transfer my booking to an agency. Final payment is due 8/3.

I know what this agency will give me and I know what I will lose if the price goes down. I also know they will try their best to get me the lower price. I guess it all boils down to what you are comfortable with. Good luck.

There is a new Carnival rule as of May 1st that after I think its 30 days after your booking, you can no longer transfer to a TA. I guess its because Carnival feels like they did all the work, then the TA gets the commission just because you transferred the booking to them later on.

Make sure you dont wait more than 30 days after you booked.

There is a new Carnival rule as of May 1st that after I think its 30 days after your booking, you can no longer transfer to a TA. I guess its because Carnival feels like they did all the work, then the TA gets the commission just because you transferred the booking to them later on.

Well I guess that takes care of that then.We are well over the 30 day`s.Bummmer:(

I did transfer my booking to a TA(before the change...I didn't know about it anyway) and recvd $100 OBC from the TA. They agreed to honor price adjustments on the early saver. When I called about a lower price( it was a $60pp priced drop x 2) I was informed that due to the price drop my OBC from them would be reduced by $25. I thought that was a little slilmy but you know...oh well. I will not transfer my booking again. I like being able to go straight to the cruise line and if the TA is just going to keep reducing the OBC for every adjustment what is the point, I would rather deal direct with carnival or whatever line.

I did transfer my booking to a TA(before the change...I didn't know about it anyway) and recvd $100 OBC from the TA. They agreed to honor price adjustments on the early saver. When I called about a lower price( it was a $60pp priced drop x 2) I was informed that due to the price drop my OBC from them would be reduced by $25. I thought that was a little slilmy but you know...oh well. I will not transfer my booking again. I like being able to go straight to the cruise line and if the TA is just going to keep reducing the OBC for every adjustment what is the point, I would rather deal direct with carnival or whatever line.

That is kinda slimy. I have family connections to travel agents but still prefer to deal directly with the cruise lines when booking. I helped friends book 6 cabins on Royal Carribean and got over $4000 refunded to their credit cards due to price drops. Sometimes the price drops are time sensitive and you need to get the adjustment done right away.

Wow, I wasn't aware of this new rule and neither is the agent that I am planning to transfer my booking to. We booked in March and I planned to transfer my booking the end of this month. I talked to the agent a couple of weeks ago and she never said anything other than she was waiting for the transfer. I also put info on cruise compete and got bids. No agent on there said anything about 30 days and I did say I was booked already.

Wow, I wasn't aware of this new rule and neither is the agent that I am planning to transfer my booking to. We booked in March and I planned to transfer my booking the end of this month. I talked to the agent a couple of weeks ago and she never said anything other than she was waiting for the transfer. I also put info on cruise compete and got bids. No agent on there said anything about 30 days and I did say I was booked already.

Yeah,this is the first I`ve heard too.Still think I`ll call,whats it gonna hurt.;)

Well, let us know if it isnt a rule. My PVP was on vacation during the time I would have needed to know my pin # to transfer the only cruise that I was still within the 30 days after I heard the new rule posted here. My PVP later confirmed yes its true.

Well, let us know if it isnt a rule. My PVP was on vacation during the time I would have needed to know my pin # to transfer the only cruise that I was still within the 30 days after I heard the new rule posted here. My PVP later confirmed yes its true.

You are right Firefly.I called and checked with 2 different folks at Carnival.If you want to switch,it does have to be within the first 30 days.;)It`s fine with me,but just thought everyone would like to know.

Thanks for the post. Sometimes they will let you get around these new rules, sometimes not. Seems like to me if you booked before a rule went into effect, it wouldnt apply, but guess not.

Luckily I was ambivalent about moving the booking to a TA since I didnt know the PIN # needed to transfer when my PVP was out. Apparantly no one else but my PVP knows my PIN # either, .... including me.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone tried to transfer from a TA to Carnival?? We have a TA that we are extremely disappointed with and do not want to deal with her anymore. We were trying to get a group cruise but only three of us booked and one of us wants to cancel. We'd like to drop the group thing and just book two individual rooms. How do we go about doing this??

Oh I should add that the TA is trying to charge the third person in our group a $50 pp cancellation charge. I don't know exactly how this is going to work as the TA sent the deposit directly to Carnival. The whole thing is very confusing and the TA will not answer us correctly when we do get a hold of her.

:confused:Hi,I know there is someone who will have an answer to my questions and please bear with me this is only our 2nd cruise.Ok,we booked early saver thru Carnival,final payment is not due until middle of Aug.I have been looking at some of the other travel websites and see that we can get a better deal thru a TA and they will give us a 50.00 OBC and some other fun things:D,my question is will we be charged for transferring the booking to a TA with ES rate booked?Thanks so much in advance.I know this subject has been ran into the ground already,I`m sure,just not quite sure where to look.Thanks again.;)

First of all, IMHO you already gave your business to the PVP before shopping it, give him/her the business.

There may be some fees incurred by the TA and as mentioned some charge for ES rate changes. Leave well enough alone and quit chasing a few bucks. You should have checked into those before you booked and I personally would not change but some people chase money all the time, I happen to be not one of them.

Obviously, your call.

Archived