Drinks allowed in the hot tubs?

Please let me know your observations regarding having drinks while in the hot tubs.

I realize there may be rules posted against it - what I'm looking for is the reality.

Bottom line - from what you've actually seen, can I have a beer while enjoying the hot tub?

BTW - please don't lecture me on the cleaniness of public hot tubs or other safety issues, and I don't need to hear your opinion on what happens if drinks are spilled.

I just want to know if people are generally allowed by RCI deck staff to have a drink in them.

Thanks - I've posted many times on these boards and know what happens to questions like this. I don't want to start any debate.

Ive seen plenty of people with drinks in the hot tubs...one of the reasons I never use them on the cruises. I have one at home and would not one anyone to bring their drink in and spill it in there..I just recently had a frozen drink spilled in my pool and it didnt make me happy either.

I know there used to be signs posted about no drinking allowed in the hot tubs. On Legend the bar staff was serving people in the main pool hot tubs (not in the Solarium) so maybe the rules differ by which tub you are in. I don't think RC puts the drinks around the pool in glassware anymore. I'm pretty sure the drinks were in plastic glasses last time. I know most of the beers are in cans or else plastic or aluminum bottles. Corona might be the exception - I can't remember if those were still in glass bottles or not.

On all of our cruises I tested the water in the so called "hot" tubs. They are not hot at all, my baths and showers at home are much hotter :confused:

The cruise ships hot tubs can be compared to taking a mild bath with a lot of strangers... :eek:

###

On all of our cruises I tested the water in the so called "hot" tubs. They are not hot at all, my baths and showers at home are much hotter :confused:

The cruise ships hot tubs can be compared to taking a mild bath with a lot of strangers... :eek:

###

Maybe that depends on the size of the tub or the number of people...or I just happened to be on a ship (Majesty) with a tub (that had JUST been repaired...could that have something to do with it?) that was probably 102. That's GREAT when it's 40 degrees out, not 85! :)

Archived