Train to Vatican

bee-ess

I would like to get the train from Civitavecchia to the Vatican but have a couple of questions if anyone can help.

1) Where is the San Pietro station - is it the same as the Metro station just North of the Vatican. On my map I have symbol that could be a station just south of the Vatican in Via Innocenzi III - is it that?

2) Is the train that goes to San Pietro the same train as the one to Termini or is it a seperate train/line ?

3) Can I use a BIRG ticket to get off at San Pietro going but return from Termini later in the day.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

3) Can I use a BIRG ticket to get off at San Pietro going but return from Termini later in the day.

This is the one that I can help with.

Purchase a BIRG Zone 5 ticket at Civitavecchia. It will get you roundtrip from Civi into Rome (or in your case San Pietro), and then from Rome (Termini) back to Civi. Also, you can use this ticket for all public transportation within the city that day - so metro, tram, bus, etc.

I would like to get the train from Civitavecchia to the Vatican but have a couple of questions if anyone can help.

1) Where is the San Pietro station - is it the same as the Metro station just North of the Vatican. On my map I have symbol that could be a station just south of the Vatican in Via Innocenzi III - is it that? It is not near the Metro station. It's on the other side of the Vatican. I don't have a map close, but the location south of the Vatican sounds right.

2) Is the train that goes to San Pietro the same train as the one to Termini or is it a seperate train/line ?

3) Can I use a BIRG ticket to get off at San Pietro going but return from Termini later in the day. Yes

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

See my answers above.

On my map I have symbol that could be a station just south of the Vatican in Via Innocenzi III - is it that?

Indeed it is. Stazione S. Pietro is located in Via Innocenzo III.

The same regional trains stop here as at Termini.

Archived