Labor Day Getaway - Dress Code

bobby1119

I just received my pre-cruise documents which specify 2 formal nights on a 4 day cruise to Canada.

I have been on many Cunard voyages, most recently 19 days on Queen Mary 2 (May 31-June 19, 2009). I have no problems with formality at all... in fact, I enjoy it...

...but on a 4 night cruise, a 2nd formal night after sailing from Saint John????

Me thinks they want to get everyone gussied up again for photo ops?

Any comments?

All this notwithstanding, I am again looking forward to being aboard this 'best of all worlds possible' ship.

Bobby

...but on a 4 night cruise, a 2nd formal night after sailing from Saint John???? Bobby

Look on the bright side - when the onboard staff change it, you (or since you're too sensible - definitely - others) can come back and complain about how your cruise was 'ruined'.....:cool:

Look on the bright side - when the onboard staff change it, you (or since you're too sensible - definitely - others) can come back and complain about how your cruise was 'ruined'.....:cool:

Too bad there's no national holiday that one can get riled up over on formal nights. :rolleyes:

How would one dress for Labor Day? If I had to go with my local tradition it would be a huge feathery costume as worn at the West Indian Day Parade. :D

TY-Con-8-A-8.jpg

Too bad there's no national holiday that one can get riled up over on formal nights. :rolleyes:

How would one dress for Labor Day? If I had to go with my local tradition it would be a huge feathery costume as worn at the West Indian Day Parade. :D

TY-Con-8-A-8.jpg

I have enjoyed stopping by to visit, but on this issue I think you are being unfair. Gripes are personal, and you never know what might bother you may be a laugh and a half to someone else. It happens to everyone and I doubt that you are so special that you are exempt.

Jeanne

I have enjoyed stopping by to visit, but on this issue I think you are being unfair. Gripes are personal, and you never know what might bother you may be a laugh and a half to someone else. It happens to everyone and I doubt that you are so special that you are exempt.

Jeanne

Which part was unfair? :rolleyes:

TY-Con-8-A-8.jpg

Drat!

I just had my feathered outfit dry cleaned, now I'll have to completely rethink my wardrobe. :rolleyes:

Jonathan

at this point, complaining about the formality of Cunard is like going to the beach and complaining that its sandy.

Oh Bobby, you looked so good in your tux in June....you should wear it as many nights as you can....ah memories of the Chart room...still sailing Dec 10th?

Archived