fan in your cabin?

Hi! We will be sailing the Inspiration in 2 weeks. I would like to know if anyone can tell me if my room steward can provide me with a small fan to keep in my room. No matter how cold the room is I need a fan next to my bed because of hot flashes I get at night. I need to know if I need to bring my own (which will take up room in my suitcase) or if they can be provided for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!:)

My husband and his whole family have always needed fans to sleep. We have a small one that I purchased and we have to take it with us everywhere we go. You can get one at Walmart for under 15.00. Just make sure you take a power strip with you as there is only 1 plug in the cabin

Hi! We will be sailing the Inspiration in 2 weeks. I would like to know if anyone can tell me if my room steward can provide me with a small fan to keep in my room. No matter how cold the room is I need a fan next to my bed because of hot flashes I get at night. I need to know if I need to bring my own (which will take up room in my suitcase) or if they can be provided for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!:)

I do not believe that they have fans, just bring one with you. I never travel w/o a fan. It is small enough to fit in my suitcase. I use the fan for the noise and it works fine.

Bring an extension cord and as they only have one outlet in the room.

They may have a few fans on board, but if it is important for you to have one, bring your own, If you have time before the cruise, buy a cheap one at Walgreens, CVS, RiteAid, carry it on the ship and leave it at the end. That way it doesn't take up suitcase space.

I always bring a small one along too!

I ALWAYS bring a small fan. I bought one at CVS and it takes 3 "D" or "C" batteries....love this thing. You can plug it in or use it with the batteries..this one also has a light built in so it is wonderful in the middle of the night to guide the way to the bathroom.

Ive used it with / without the batteries depending on how many outlets were in the room. I hate bringing all kinds of stuff (ie. bungee cord, power cord, etc) So I can still pack light and it works great!

They may have a few fans on board, but if it is important for you to have one, bring your own, If you have time before the cruise, buy a cheap one at Walgreens, CVS, RiteAid, carry it on the ship and leave it at the end. That way it doesn't take up suitcase space.

I always bring a small one along too!

I assume that you are talking about the 1 foot tower fan? I am considering purchasing one for travel. They are 19.99 at Walmart and Walgreens, and they seem to put off a lot of air. some are even stable on the bottom and isolate on the top. 0004601340660_150X150.jpg16.67 at walmart.On line. however, i saw one in my walmart about 2 months ago.

We've always carried a small fan with us, for the noise. For us, its worth the space and weight in the suitecase. (However we don't have to fly to the port, so I don't know if it would pass muster if we were paying for bags to fly).

We've always carried a small fan with us, for the noise. For us, its worth the space and weight in the suitecase. (However we don't have to fly to the port, so I don't know if it would pass muster if we were paying for bags to fly).

I take a small fan.

If I was flying I would stop at walmart or walgreens on the way to port and pick one up and then leave it behind.

I did notice on the cruise we took in which the air conditioning was not working properly that when they brought us a fan it had an old luggage tag attached, so someone left it behind and they had it to lend out to me.

Archived