Another Pride Review - Recommendations and Regrets

Windy56

We were on the Pride July 3. I agree with your review on everything. We went to Port Canvareal instead of HMC. I did not know what a cabana was until someone put up pictures. (We are not beach people.) I was wondering about the buffet that comes with it. Does Carnival make the food?

Yes, Carnival prepares and serves the food...hamburgers, chicken, a variety of salads and some coffee cake type desserts and cookies. It was pretty nice. I'm sorry you missed HMC. I was a deciding factor for picking our cruise date, even though we missed out on our cherry tree harvest! Nothin' like coming home to a backyard full of rotten fruit.:rolleyes:

The cabanas are nothing special in terms of construction but they are painted different colours and are well equipped with really comfortable furniture. Besides the two really comfy lounges, they have a good sized table and four nice chairs. For two couples, it would be a really good deal. I think a few people got together and shared the cost.

We got the second last booking and so we ended up with #2. The good thing was that it was close to the buffet and washrooms. However, it got a little crowded with people on the beach. It didn't bother us, but if you wanted to be secluded, I would try for #8 and up.

I love to drink water, and we drank the water on the Miracle this past July. This worries me. Should I still book for next year?

On this ship, and this ship only, the water does have a "funny" taste. I sailed her last November and again in April and the same taste was still there.

Based on what the OP has stated it is still a problem. I would think about bringing bottled water on the cruise.

The Pride is the only ship in 28 cruises where there was a problem with the taste of the water.

Take care,

Mike

Are you sure they even have room service the first day? You'd think there'd be enough confusion and activities in the hallway with passengers boarding and luggage carts, etc.

I haven't been on the Pride in a number of years, but normally room service begins after Muster Drill on the other vessels (Miracle for sure). We use it every embarkation day for coffee during sail away. :)

I haven't been on the Pride in a number of years, but normally room service begins after Muster Drill on the other vessels (Miracle for sure). We use it every embarkation day for coffee during sail away. :)

Thanks, Frick and Frack! I thought it would be available. It's a much more relaxing way to satisfy those hunger pains than engaging in the buffet brawl! Next time, it's room service for me!

Are you sure they even have room service the first day? You'd think there'd be enough confusion and activities in the hallway with passengers boarding and luggage carts, etc.

Sitting here looking at my copy of Caper for 1st day of our 6/6 Pride cruise. I don't see anything about it not being available that day. I think I'll try room service on embarkation day on my next cruise in Sept. We had a heck of a time finding a table that 1st lunch and lines at all the food stations were long. Glad to see we never had this problem after day 1.

Sitting here looking at my copy of Caper for 1st day of our 6/6 Pride cruise. I don't see anything about it not being available that day. I think I'll try room service on embarkation day on my next cruise in Sept. We had a heck of a time finding a table that 1st lunch and lines at all the food stations were long. Glad to see we never had this problem after day 1.

Good thinking fan of bluehen. Someone above confirmed that it is offered and, boy oh boy, would I go for it! Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the great review Windy. I will be getting on the Pride in just 14 short days!! Can't wait as this will be our first cruise.

:)

I hope you have the time of your lives!!! But be warned about cruising. It's addictive!!!!

I am a pretty big water drinker (and know being on a cruise will make it even more necessary). I've heard the water isn't that great on the Pride (I sail on July 31). I've been contemplating bringing a case of water but that seems like so much work. I also don't like the idea of spending lots of money for bottled water on ship. Do you think a Brita filter or something like that would help?

And thanks, Windy for a great BALANCED review!

Making my 57 day wait for the Pride even harder to endure...:cool:

My pleasure, Gotta Cruise! I am positive that you will have the time of your life on this ship!

On the subject of water, once again. It doesn't taste great, but it is not a big deal. They leave a large bottle of water in your cabin and the price is very reasonable. When you think of the hassle of bringing on water or a filter and balance that against the money you have already committed to the cruise, it's peanuts!

I have a few questions about Half Moon Cay for those who have been there. I have a something that resembles a clamshell (a little smaller and obviously without the lounge chairs. It assembles like a tent so it doesn't take up much room in the luggage). Is there any reason I can't bring it? If I cannot bring it, is there any other areas with shade that you don't need to pay for (a bar or awning of some sort). If I were to reserve a clamshell does anyone remember how much they cost?

I have a few questions about Half Moon Cay for those who have been there. I have a something that resembles a clamshell (a little smaller and obviously without the lounge chairs. It assembles like a tent so it doesn't take up much room in the luggage). Is there any reason I can't bring it? If I cannot bring it, is there any other areas with shade that you don't need to pay for (a bar or awning of some sort). If I were to reserve a clamshell does anyone remember how much they cost?

Another couple we met brought one. I think it's a great idea. There is covered seating available, but not on the beach. It's a series of covered picnic areas, used to rest and eat.

The lounge acts were different on Carnival. They had four pianos and one pianist. Cranky Doug was in the Piano Bar and when I asked for a Billy Joel number his reply was, "Ahhh...geeee...I'm sort of all Billy Joeled out." Now correct me if I am wrong, but when a piano bar guy asks for requests, shouldn't he do them..

I enjoyed your review.... very fair and ballanced....

Quick question though.... When you asked for the Billy Joel song, did you offer a tip with the request? There is a difference between a "request" and a "suggestion". I'm sure if you were putting something in his jar (just like the song says.... haha), you would have heard your request. :)

I enjoyed your review.... very fair and ballanced....

Quick question though.... When you asked for the Billy Joel song, did you offer a tip with the request? There is a difference between a "request" and a "suggestion". I'm sure if you were putting something in his jar (just like the song says.... haha), you would have heard your request. :)

Actually, there were very few people in the piano bar...five of us at the piano ledge. He kept asking for requests in an awkward kind of way and when people would suggest a title, he would have difficulty identifying the artist and/or knowing how to play it. It was getting very uncomfortable and that's what prompted my request, feeling certain he could and would pull anything from Joel's list. Apparently not...LOL

Actually, there were very few people in the piano bar...five of us at the piano ledge. He kept asking for requests in an awkward kind of way and when people would suggest a title, he would have difficulty identifying the artist and/or knowing how to play it. It was getting very uncomfortable and that's what prompted my request, feeling certain he could and would pull anything from Joel's list. Apparently not...LOL

Fair enough..... you're right in your original post.... It is a hard job and is most definitely not for every performer. Sometimes, even the best piano players/singers have trouble with the personal interaction needed for a successful piano bar.... It is a lot harder then it looks!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise.... Your review was great.....

Fair enough..... you're right in your original post.... It is a hard job and is most definitely not for every performer. Sometimes, even the best piano players/singers have trouble with the personal interaction needed for a successful piano bar.... It is a lot harder then it looks!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise.... Your review was great.....

Thanks, Pmang! Pining away for the experience, again!

Overall the water wasn't that bad. Tasted different from our well water, but OK. We took some water onboard, but came home w/ some of it. Have a great time. We just got back yesterday - it was the time of my life!!!

Overall the water wasn't that bad. Tasted different from our well water, but OK. We took some water onboard, but came home w/ some of it. Have a great time. We just got back yesterday - it was the time of my life!!!

So glad to hear you had a good time! Will you be writing a review?? I leave on Friday, would love to read it.

Archived