Anytime Dining on the Emerald Princess

bula55

Anytime Dining was more like Anytime Waiting on our Baltic Cruise which departed July 5.

We would arrive at the dining rooms to find long lines and they were handing out pagers that blink when your table is ready! Even having reservations did not help.

It took a "discussion" with the head waiter to be seated promptly.

Anytime Dining was more like Anytime Waiting on our Baltic Cruise which departed July 5.

We would arrive at the dining rooms to find long lines and they were handing out pagers that blink when your table is ready! Even having reservations did not help.

It took a "discussion" with the head waiter to be seated promptly.

Really? We had no problem when we made reservations in the Da Vinci dining room. Maybe it was because we ate at 8pm. Did this happen EVERY evening? What time and which dining room?

My nightmare was more in Cafe Caribe and Horizon Food Court where there were NO tables available for breakfast, and this happened EVERY SINGLE MORNING even after we tried different times between 5:30-9am!

In our experience with Anytime Dining in many ways it turns into early and late dining by default. As soon as the dining rooms open the early diners fill them. It is then a matter of waiting for that first wave to finish and leave before there are tables free. If you want to eat at 7 p.m. it may be a problem. If you want to eat at 7:45 it almost never is a problem. As mentioned, you can make a reservation for a specific time or you can get a pager, have a pre-dinner drink and enjoy the fun in the atrium area. This is not generally a matter of the dining room staff trying to be unhelpful, but a matter merely of logistics, especially if a 2 or 4-person table is requested.

We were on the June 5th sailing. Our family of 5 arrived at the dining room around 6 each evening and were always seated promptly. Only once in all our crusies did we get a pager and that was a formal night. No big deal. We just waited in the lounge.

We were on the July 5th cruise as well. We never waited for ATD nor did we have trouble finding a table at Cafe Caribe in the morning or evening. I guess it's all in the timing. We ate dinner at 6 pm and had breakfast at 7 am.

Really? We had no problem when we made reservations in the Da Vinci dining room. Maybe it was because we ate at 8pm. Did this happen EVERY evening? What time and which dining room?

My nightmare was more in Cafe Caribe and Horizon Food Court where there were NO tables available for breakfast, and this happened EVERY SINGLE MORNING even after we tried different times between 5:30-9am!

Hi can I ask what time does the Horizon court stop serving breakfast?

We sailed the "Emerald" this past April to the Caribbean and never a wait. After the first night, We enjoyed our waitstaff and reserved their table every night of cruise. We ate about 8:15PM. Never a wait and totalling enjoyable.

We did Anytime dining on the Emerald this past December (transatantic cruise) and never waited more than 5 min to get seated. Since we have seen some passengers line up for their fixed seatings (not unusual to see some early diners in line at the closed doors 20 min before dinner time) we had no complaints. About the only folks we saw that had to use the beepers were those that insisted on a table for two. For us, we simply ask to share a large table which is a great way to meet other passengers and make new friends.

Hank

Hi can I ask what time does the Horizon court stop serving breakfast?

Hmm...I'm not sure when it stops...I assume by 10:30 or so because they'd need to prepare for lunch. We were always on shore by 10 and didn't get back until 2-3 during the cruise. We didn't really step foot in Horizon around that time during the at-sea days. Maybe someone else can answer that question. Sorry.

Archived