Tampa Skyway bridge

caggfamily

Does anyone know about what time the Legend passes under the Skyway bridge? I thought I remember someone posting that it coincides with first seating in the dining room, which we have. Just wanted to know if I would be able to see it before/on my way to dinner.

Thanks

I believe that we sailed under it around 6:15 - 6:30. We did go to dinner right after it. Although we were late, we were not alone as many folks arriving with us had done the same thing. I said my I'm sorrys, but was toldnot problem as we were at a table two anyway.

I'm probably like you was "anxious":) to see the bridge that I had heard so much about.

In March we were on the Inspiration, and left Tampa. We had heard that it would probably be about half hour to hour. Well it turned out to be about 3 hours. Since we had a late seating (8:00) we had plenty time to see it and be ready for dinner too.

Hope you get to see it and enjoy the view. It is neat.:)

brneyes

Does anyone know about what time the Legend passes under the Skyway bridge? I thought I remember someone posting that it coincides with first seating in the dining room, which we have. Just wanted to know if I would be able to see it before/on my way to dinner.

Thanks

Assuming the ship sails on time you go under the bridge right at 6:05 p.m. (At least year we did, and I can't imagine anything has changed.) You can see the bridge for at least 15 minutes before you get to it.

I live not far from the Skyway bridge and have watched both the Legend and the Inspiration go under the Skyway on numerous occassions. The average time frame for the ships sailing under the bridge is between 6:15 and 6:30. Watching from the old Skyway is fun, too. Although, when we sailed the Legend going up on the funnel deck to watch the funnel clear the bridge was awesome. You just know the funnel is going to hit the bridge.

BrendaB1 and rest, yes being at the "top" is the best. Actually I joined a couple at the "end" of the ship, and ohhhhhhhhhh the strong:( wind we had. We tried to stay in a small stairwell (away from the strong wind), watching the people "trying" to navigate across the end of the ship with the strong wind, almost losing some of their clothes. While going under the bridge, it seemed like we could "touch" it. What an experience.:cool:

BrendaB1, the reason I mentioned our name first, my name is Brenda, with my last name starting with B also. Small world.:)

brneyes

Archived