Cape Liberty NJ Directions

Take Verrazano Bridge to 278 west to 440 north(about 3 miles) go over Bayonne Bridge,stay on 440 north to cruise port(in Bayone,4 or 5 traffic lights.From Verrazano bridge,about 15 to 20 minutes.

Tom

Thanks Tom

-- do you happen to know if we can use our NY Easy Pass on the Bayonne Bridge???? If not what's the toll amt.....

Thanks Tom

-- do you happen to know if we can use our NY Easy Pass on the Bayonne Bridge???? If not what's the toll amt.....

Going along with that thought, we are from MA and we will be staying in Elizabeth the night before our Halloween cruise. If I read the directions correctly, exit 13 onto 278 east to 440 north is the route I want to take. If that is the Bayonne Bridge, will our Mass Turnpike Fast Lane transponder work on that bridge?

If the construction is done at exit 14a, I think it is crazy to spend the $8 on the Goethals Bridge when you can drive up the NJ Turnpike to exit 14 and cross the bridge to exit 14a for $1.95. I really dislike the Goethals Bridge and it can be a real bottleneck. The NJ turnpike should not be a problem on a Saturday morning.

If the construction is done at exit 14a, I think it is crazy to spend the $8 on the Goethals Bridge when you can drive up the NJ Turnpike to exit 14 and cross the bridge to exit 14a for $1.95. I really dislike the Goethals Bridge and it can be a real bottleneck. The NJ turnpike should not be a problem on a Saturday morning.

Never a bottleneck on Sat Morning or for that matter any other morning.If an accident happens on the bridge ,yes you will exprerience a bottleneck as you would on any other bridge.There is a bottleneck on the bridge from exit 14 to 14a every morning,MON to Friday during rush hour in either direction.If you are spending thousands of dollars on a cruise,it is worth the additional $6 for the speed and convenience rather than the time it takes to go to 14A from the south.The construction along with the traffic around the detour would make my decision for me.

Archived