Shopping in Bermuda

Hi, To all you shop-a-holics out there, which towns in Bermuda have the best boutique style shops? I'm going with my mom, and we both love to shop.:) Thanks.

Hamiilton has the best shops. There are some shops at the dockyards(ok not great) and St George. Shopping in Bermuda is not great. there are NO bargains and what they have is expensive....

I've been to Bermuda three times. I was very disappointed in Hamilton this past May. There was a lot of construction, and the shopping was not what it was. I must say I like St. George and Dockyard better now. I think they have much quainter shops. They seem to be more craft oriented than does Hamilton. Just my opinion.

Thank you Lindala. You are the second person to mention all the construction going on in Hamilton and not being at all pleased with the shopping anymore. Since we will be docked in St. Georges perhaps we will stay there more.

We loved the rum cakes at the factory in Dockyard. Free samples of all flavors and very delicious. My favorite was the ginger lime, my husbands, the double chocolate.

There is a loquat liquor that is unique to Bermuda. The loquat is a small citrus fruit. I didn't happen across any so cannot comment directly but maybe others can...

Have fun in Bermuda, it is one of my very favorite ports.

Seeing that you will be in St. George you should plan on visiting the Perfumery on Queen St. and also Carol Holding's shop. She is a local artist and has some very interesting prints of Bermuda plus jewelry, t shirts, tea cups etc. all with her prints. In my opinion these two shops are my favorites.

Unfortunately when we were there in June we found out that Carol Holding's St. George shop closed last November. She now only has a shop in Hamilton.

We enjoy visiting the glassworks shop which also sells the rumcakes. There is one in St. George. The one in Dockyard also has the glassworks factory where you can watch them make the glasswork objects that they sell.

One of the gals I deal with by phone at work has recommended I buy Sherry Pepper while in Bermuda, which turned out to be a sauce. She discovered it there and buys it whenever she makes it to Bermuda, so I'm hoping to find it while there. Brand name is Outerbridges for anyone interested - looks like Amazon had it at one time, with 4 rave reviews.

One of the gals I deal with by phone at work has recommended I buy Sherry Pepper while in Bermuda, which turned out to be a sauce. She discovered it there and buys it whenever she makes it to Bermuda, so I'm hoping to find it while there. Brand name is Outerbridges for anyone interested - looks like Amazon had it at one time, with 4 rave reviews.

You shuld have no problem finding Outerbridge's Sherry Pepper sauce, it is sold in many places.:)

I always buy sauces and such when traveling and I bought the sherry pepper sauce. I hated it. See if you can taste it somewhere first before buying.

I loved the perfumery in St George, ended up spending about $100 on 2 fragrances for me and the frangrance library for DH. Great stop!

We loved the rum cakes at the factory in Dockyard. Free samples of all flavors and very delicious. My favorite was the ginger lime, my husbands, the double chocolate.

There is a loquat liquor that is unique to Bermuda. The loquat is a small citrus fruit. I didn't happen across any so cannot comment directly but maybe others can...

Have fun in Bermuda, it is one of my very favorite ports.

Mmmm, rum cake! I can't wait to go, as this is my first time to Bermuda and also on the Spirit. A little less than 3 weeks!! Thank you for all the info on different places to shop.

Make sure to return the favor and let us know about the cool stuff to buy in your future travels. I love threads like this.

Wait till you try the rum cake, you will remember me. Here's some links to the Perfumery in St George and the rum cake factory.

http://www.bermuda-perfumery.com/ (I got Pink and Coral)

http://www.bermudarumcakes.com/ (mmmm...rum swizzle)

Have fun!

Hamiilton has the best shops. There are some shops at the dockyards(ok not great) and St George. Shopping in Bermuda is not great. there are NO bargains and what they have is expensive....

yes, Hamilton has some great shops but take all your money!! Beautiful place, just very expensive.

Hi, To all you shop-a-holics out there, which towns in Bermuda have the best boutique style shops? I'm going with my mom, and we both love to shop.:) Thanks.

There is one town in Bermuda - St George.

There is one city in Bermuda - Hamilton.

There are two villages in Bermuda - Flatts and Somerset.

Bermuda is a very small island a long way away from anywhere else. Everything is imported and most things are subject to import duty.

There are no economies of scale.

Wages, and the cost and standard of living are high.

Therefore, prices are high.

Sorry, it's just a simple matter of geography and economics. Please enjoy our beautiful island and take home some of our unique products (sherry peppers - yes!) but don't be surprised by the prices.

I have been to Bermuda 4 times and I love the shopping in all 3 places as well. But, in St. George's there are a few very unique shops. One of the shops, I'll try to find the name, has like handmade things. Like, I bought 2 of my granddaughters handmade purses shaped like elephants. They were sooo nice and inexpensive. There are also a couple of other shops that I love. So, go and walk around. It's beautiful there. Have fun.:D

I have been to Bermuda 4 times and I love the shopping in all 3 places as well. But, in St. George's there are a few very unique shops. One of the shops, I'll try to find the name, has like handmade things. Like, I bought 2 of my granddaughters handmade purses shaped like elephants. They were sooo nice and inexpensive. There are also a couple of other shops that I love. So, go and walk around. It's beautiful there. Have fun.:D

The Island Shop, maybe, that has a resident cat that "works" there?:)

1240575784_2.jpg

thanks for the help, but as much as I love the island shop, that wasn't it. It is around the corner from the White Horse Inn .... to the left and then I think it's on the right. It has handmade things, I love. At least I think it's on the right.....where there are a few shops in a row on both sides of the street. My mind is gone...I need to go back to Bermuda.....

Archived