New: pre-pay your Onboard Service Charges

time2cruise1

*cheerfully enters*

hey friends! what's up? what's going on? *looks around* oh i see now.

*inserts bag of popcorn into microwave*

DING! *muches away*

if i may interject...(humbly, that is)...for all those crew members having to deal with people trying to remove their DSC. perhaps there should be a removal charge of $12 per person per day. i mean...since they nickel and dime anyway...might as well make the most off of those who "want to tip as they go...with that 'personal touch'....".

for those who can't do the math...it comes up to being the same as leaving the DSC alone.

What a unique and delightful suggestion, ZoneHPH!!! I felt so sorry for the front desk folks on our B2B January Jade cruise in the Mediterranean on the last couple days... (this was right after the DSC increased from 10 to 12 $$ pp per day)! Heaven forbid if you had a legitimate need for their help - the desk area was mobbed every time we walked past it!

Great idea, Zone! Maybe then NCL could keep the fees instead of passing them onto the undeserving crew. ;) Because I don't mind paying extra for my cruise so long as I get to decide which lazy worker gets snubbed. :rolleyes:

yeah you know what i was actually thinking...that the crew member who has to deal with that unhappy pax wishing to remove their DSC....actually that crew member should earn the removal charge.

It is the same result, but its okay if you don't understand . . .

Why don't you try to explain your position to me (a veteran of the system)?

Two results: (1) the cash tips you give are split up and your chosen recipient only gets a fraction; and (2) the other way the steward or waiter you give it to gets to keep it. You don't see a difference? And it's not okay if you don't understand because people's livelihoods are at stake.

I think each of those is an opinion - post 84 is a good answer.

Gee you're right. Yes, # 84. The final answer. I was basing it on what came before your post #83 where you stated you didn't get an answer.

Can you pre-remove the service charges? Some of us like to tip in cash.

Since it's my understanding your service chagres are normally added at the end of each day, it would only be possible after they are posted.

Now what change occurs because of the ability to pre-pay them, it will be interesting to see how they post them now. We'll just have to wait for someone who has checked their bill after the start of this pre-pay thing to tell us if they're still posted daily for those who don't pre-pay.

Since it's my understanding your service chagres are normally added at the end of each day, it would only be possible after they are posted.

Now what change occurs because of the ability to pre-pay them, it will be interesting to see how they post them now. We'll just have to wait for someone who has checked their bill after the start of this pre-pay thing to tell us if they're still posted daily for those who don't pre-pay.

i'll take a guess. maybe one lumpsum amount after Day 1?

I would imagine that it would show up just like any other pre-paid OBC as simply a credit on you account. The DSC would then be charged daily as is is done currently.

Archived