Wife said no to Mexican Riviera

cs4225

Don't mean to hijack this thread...but we have decided that we will spend a couple of weeks at a boutique hotel we stumbled on during our last visit to San Jose Del Cabo. Don't think we are allowed to use names of hotels on the boards...but if you want details email me at leapinggnome at shaw dot ca.

Again thanks for all the info.

We are owners of a presidential suite (2 bedroom) at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach in Cabo. We have an every other year plan and so does our friend so we get to spend 1 week (for now) in Cabo every year. We have the odd years and our friend has the even years. We've started looking at buying a second week on the resale market but it may still be another year or two away.

Here are the rankings and reviews (by TripAdvisor members) of all the hotels/resorts in the San Jose del Cabo area. If you decide to expand your search to include the timeshare resorts, it is fairly easy to rent an owners unused week/s. You can look on Redweek.com, tug2.net, holidaygroup, ebay, etc. for listings.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g152516-San_Jose_Del_Cabo_Los_Cabos_Baja_California-Hotels.html

Converter,

When was the last time you were in Mexico, specifically Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan or especially Puerto Vallarta? How long did you stay? Less than one day on the beaten path in one city does not make anyone an expert. Where do you live presently because I can name you at least 100 cities in the United States that are dirtier, have more drugs and more homicides, including random homicide... If you live in California then you would know over 20,000 beaches were closed last year due to contamination.

In reality, Mexico is and has not been classified as a Third World Nation for years, in fact it is a developing nation. It's a beautiful and completely diverse country.

Hi all!

That's too bad your wife doesn't want to go. We were reluctant to go there after visiting Tijuana in 1967 & also hearing other things about crime in Mexico but I thought it'd be fine cruising as you'd be safe on the boat at night. I ended up going solo (Mercury 2006) & really enjoyed it a lot, so much so that the next year DH & I went to an AI resort in Puerto Vallarta for a week.

I love those colonial towns too plus PV has the feeling of a small town with more amenities.

This Feb. we went to Cancun but DH would rather go back to PV next year. I want to go to Costa Rica so we'll see how that works out!:D

I hope you can convince her to go as she just might like it!

~Jo~ :)

He/she was someone who had nothing good to say regarding Mexico. The post was fairly inflammatory and filled with a lot of half-truths so it got zapped.[/quot

Thanks for taking the time to explain--I reread all the posts and came up with nothing.:confused:

we're looking forward to our first MR cruise next April on Radiance of the Seas-- staying 3 days ahead in San Diego & also looking forward to that...lots to do there!

we plan to do tours wirh the cruise line--, boat trips & resorts etc... sounds like fun! maybe that might appeal to your wife...

we're looking forward to our first MR cruise next April on Radiance of the Seas-- staying 3 days ahead in San Diego & also looking forward to that...lots to do there!

we plan to do tours wirh the cruise line--, boat trips & resorts etc... sounds like fun! maybe that might appeal to your wife...

I think the MR is great and so is San Diego. We stayed there for 4 days in May. We had a rental car and went all over the place. We both loved it. We too were on Radiance and could not have been happier with the ship, however we missed Mexico because of the swine flu and now we are getting 25% off this cruise as a consolation prize. We were stuck on the ship for 6 days, so if I say we liked it, it must mean we loved it!:rolleyes:

I've been to Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan before (not on a cruise). They are great places to visit, in my opinion, Puerto Vallarta more so than Mazatlan.

At the end of the day, they are still in Mexico. You will see poor people, possibly eat bad food, have to carry bottled water, etc. But it's still a decent place to visit. The people are generally friendly and helpful. The food is UNREAL! Not just your traditional tacos and burritos (though there's a great place in PVR called Tacos & Beer!). You can sample food from various regions of Mexico.

Great place and I hope you get to visit! Lots of Americans, Canadians and Europeans walking around too!

Archived